Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1280x960 for G400 in Win2k

Does anybody know what modifications registry
    needs to get 1280x960 res in Windows 2000 (build 2195)?

TIA Nietu

You just can't. The Win98 hack can't be done because the Win2k driver has an internal list of supported resolutions.

Phoenix.

Comment

Dang, that sucks. Yesterday I started using 1400x1050 resolution, which was perfect on my 19" monitor. But today I installed Win2K, and loose the feature because of that :-(

Would be great of somebody would look into the subject..

I wonder why these kind of cool features are not provided by PowerDesk...

Comment

ok its 19 days since then, anyone found an solution yet ?

Comment

I'll be at work on a new Powerdesk Resolution Manager as soon as Matrox releases a Windows 2000 Powerdesk that has the customization features available in the Windows 9x version. If it doesn't happen soon I'll see what I can do about hacking the driver, but even if I am successful, it will probably involve reinstalling the drivers once a customized resolution and refresh rate are added. I'm guessing the resolution parameters are listed somewhere in one of the driver files, so adding a custom resolution would also involve replacing one of the standard ones.

Some people suggest Powerstrip as a good customization tool. I'm not familiar with it so I don't know if it can create custom resolutions, but it might be worth a shot.

------------------
          Mark Veneziano

Mark Veneziano

Comment

I just downloaded Powerstrip 2.60 final and 2.61 beta to try them out on Windows 2000 with my G400 MAX. 2.60 has a custom resolution feature, but it gives numerous warnings about it only working with certain display drivers that allow enumerating custom resolutions. After these warnings, it gives you the opportunity to apply the settings, but this fails with an error message.

The 2.61 beta release has the same cutom resolution dialog, but its controls are disabled, so you never even get the opportunity to try a custom resolution.

Guess we'll just have to wait patiently for the next Powerdesk release from Matrox, and hope that they provide the same resolution/refresh rate customization as in Powerdesk 9x. For me that's another addition to a growing Windows 2000 wish list (RR-G, SBLive, DirectCD 3.0, Partition Magic 5.0, etc...), but it's well worth it. I never want to see Windows 9x again!

------------------
            Mark Veneziano

Mark Veneziano

Comment

Working...
            X