AGP 2x and G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP 2x and G200

Hey! I have a little problem. I just recently download PCIList 2.0 and it's telling me that my Millenium G200 is AGP2x compliant, my motherboard is AGP2x compliant, but that the card is running in 1x mode. Can anyone please tell me how to get the card to run at AGP2x (I have an ASUS P2B, and no where in the BIOS do I see something about AGP2x)? Thanks!

-Mike

Well, the card should be running in AGP2x...
    What FSB are you currently running??
    If you are running stock FSB make sure you have an IRQ assigned to the G200..

you can force 2x operation with a Reg. Hack on the MatroxUsers Driver Page... Though it may result in system instabilities...
    You aren't missing much with only AGP1x, 2x doesn't do a whole lot in terms of performance...

Good luck
    Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

I'm currently running the FSB at 100Mhz (4x100 for my PII400). I recently bought a new HDD, and before I reinstalled Windows, my previous install always reported AGP 2x. And the only thing different this time is, I installed Windows (98 SE) with ACPI. I think I'll try that registry entry. Is that value that it changes the "normal" value that the drivers look to see if it should run at AGP 2x, or is this something extra?

-Mike

Comment

Yea it's called AGP Flags, if I remember correctly.. you change it so that it doesn't test the bus, but rather just forcefully initiate AGP2x operation...
        there is also a Reg. key to return it back to the driver default.

Craig
        1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Working...
        X