Marvel G400 & Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 & Win2k

Has anyone found a way of getting both the video capture and TV-tuner working in win2k with a Marvel G400. It's the only thing that is stopping me from ditching win98se.
    Are there any beta drivers around that I can't find? and how would i install the Matrox Video Tools?

Sorry Pablo...

There are a few things in Win2k that are different enough from even WinNT to make the video capture stuff need patching.

Even my professional quality Winnov board needed new drivers... and their NT drivers were totally together, unlike Matrox.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm (et al.)

Have you heard or can you speculate confidently about Matrox supporting their Video Tools (capture, tuner) under Win2K?

- --- -- --- - - -- - ----- - ---
      P3-600
      128MB
      G400-TV
      (everything else is incidental)

Comment

Haven't heard, but my educated guess is that they will support them eventually. Win2k is going to be the next professional platform, and that's what 90% of their RT2000 (or whatever it's called) professional board users are going to migrate to (or already have by the time the board hits!).

So they're going to have to get it together, especially after the NT4 debacle.

The good news is that the Win2k drivers are already better than the WinNT drivers, and they're still beta. Heh.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
        X