X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misalignment in converted MPEG1 pictures

Hi,

Appreciate your advice

I am trying to using MediaStudio Pro v5 to convert my edited file (.avi) into MPEG1 format to burn onto a VCD. Unfortunately, the converted file always has some slight misalignment between the top and bottom half of the screen. This is especially noticeable when the shots contain camera flashes. The flash usually appears only in either the top or bottom half of the screen.

I tried both the "CREATE ... Video File" and the "Convert" (after first rendering the AVI file) options. The results are still the same.

Just wonder if anyone knows how to get around it. It's kind of annoying Thank you very much in advance.

My system:
    PII 400
    Matrox Marvel
    MediaStudio Pro v5

Thanks a lot!

Petrus

Most people agree that the MSPro implementation of MPEG is a waste of time. It takes forever and the quality sucks. I've not had the problems you describe tho, so it could be how you've set up the project.

Firstly, make sure that your datarate is not too high as this will cause glitching. Secondly (and this may help with the first) make sure that your project is in 1/4 screen.

Bear in mind that MPEG1 was specifically designed to deliver 352*240 at the speed of a CDRom drive (commonly accepted as 300Kb/s, which is actually the double speed)

Comment

Working...
    X