Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

500MB avi file limit...why is this happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500MB avi file limit...why is this happening?

If I try to play an .avi file above 500 MB, Windows Media Player (6.4) gives me an "out of memory error". I can play a 495MB file, with a lot of crunching from the hard drive, but it eventually works. Why is there a 500MB limit, I thought I could play up to 2GB

Reading through previous posts it seems that cleaning up my registers might have something to do with it, how does one do that with Win 98.

I'm using MSP 5.2, WIN 98, 128 MB RAM.

Thanks,
    Alex
    alexhatz@sprint.ca

You need to use Audio Interleave when you create the avi (it's one of the options). Sorry, I don't have specific details because I'm at work and I make videos at home.

Can somebody please fill in the details for Alex.

To prove this is the problem, try creating a 2 gig video with no audio and it will play back fine (no Out of Memory errors).

Comment

ScottV's right. Without interleave enabled, all the audio is clumped together at the beginning (or end, I can't remember) of the file, so Vid for Windows has to keep going back to look for it. With interleave enabled, every chunk of video is followed by a chunk of audio, so corresponding parts stay together.

In the MSP video save options box, go to the "Advanced" tab... the second checkbox is Interleave Video and Audio. Enable it, and set it to interleave for every frame (audio for every 1 frame).

Comment

Thanks, it worked!

Comment

Working...
        X