G400 boot display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 boot display

I've been having no luck getting my new G400 to work in my hardware configuration. Before getting into many details I'd like some opinions on something that has concerned me, but never been directly answered by Matrox support.

When I boot the system, I see no display of what I would call the video BIOS. In other words, when I boot a system I expect to see some display information from the video BIOS even before the motherboard BIOS display.

That is normal, G200's and G400's show now bios display for the video bios when booting.

Rags

Comment

The G400 does not show a BIOS display when booting. I could have swore that the G200 does, though. I've only got one ol' monitor that does not do the "green" dance.

It is usually the monitor's fault that you don't see the video bios. Nowadays all of the monitors are these "green" things that won't really turn on until they know that they have a good signal. By the time that they detect the signal and you actually see anything, they are past the initial bootup video BIOS. Attention monitor makers: I want an override switch for debugging purposes, please!

Comment

No BIOS display for the G200 either. I know the original Millennium had one.

I suspect Matrox feels if you bought their board, you're clever enough to know what videocard you own, and you don't need a reminder from the BIOS everytime you boot your computer.

I assume you thought this was a symptom related to a greater problem. What' wrong?

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
        X