Blue screens playing DVD's under w2k w/5.00.007 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screens playing DVD's under w2k w/5.00.007 drivers

I am running Windows 2000 build 2195 with rev 5.00.007 of the Matrox drivers. Attempts at playback with many varied DVD players (PowerDVD, WinDVD) results in blue screens under Windows2k:

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_TRAP (Ox000000000)(all entries are 0)

This occurs any time I try to play a DVD. PowerDVD will bluescreen upon startup; WinDVD will bluescreen during playback.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem, and found a way around it?

I have an Abit BE-6 with a P3-500, latest bios revision (11/11/99) (not overclocked), a SB Live Platinum, Intel EtherExpress Pro NIC, and a G400 32mb.

I will add that with the old 4.x W2K beta drivers, this problem goes away, but then I lose all D3D and OpenGL support, and can't do TV out (so it's pretty much useless anyways).

Any help would be appreciated,

-Justin

Windows 2000 and DVD is problematic at best, and it's not just the Matrox drivers, it's all cards. The only player that has been gotten to work RELIABLY is WinDVD 2000, and even that can be problematic.

Someone posted in here (run a search, I can't remember offhand but it was yesterday) that they made the Matrox player with the new Cinemaster Engine work by hacking some .ini file or ignoring some error or something.

I think the DVD player field is pretty immature in terms of how well the software works... but hey, that's what we have to work with...

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
    X