Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed ....for Win2k

Hello Guys,

I am new here but I just installed win2k and my g400 refused to behave so I need the registry hack for win2k to made it AGP 1 X.

Please post here or e-mail me. Thanks.

Help Anyone?

I really need this

Comment

It's currently sleep time here in the US, I think most would state that they need a little more information regarding your configuration...

Such as...

Motherboard
      Processor
      BIOS Rev
      IRQ assignments
      (driver version normally, but there's only one beta driver for now )
      (usually os version - place whether BETA1, BETA2, BETA3, RC1, RC2, RC3, EVAL, FULL)
      G400 BIOS Rev
      AGP Aperture setting
      any OC'ing involved
      and more - if needed

Then you should start seeing some replies...

Good luck,

Guyver
      Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
      - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
      - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
      - 6.1 Digital Audio
      - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
      - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
      - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
      - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
      - LS120 IDE Floppy
      - Zip 100 IDE
      - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
      - NEC FE950
      - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

I am running win2k built 2195.
        G400 Driver v 5.00.013. Bios 1.5-22

Celeron 300@450
        Aopen Ax6bc Pro bios 1.07 (latest)
        Aperture 64Mb
        IRQ ?? find out soon

Comment

Well, there are User.AGP, User.ForceAGP and User.EnableAGP flags listed in the driver, and the registry settings are at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\G400\Device0, so...
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Hello Scytale

Thanks for the pointer but may I know what is the value to change to and what does the flag mean?

Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately nobody knows but the driver coders. You could try a DWORD value for User.ForceAGP and set it to 0. If it won't work try a value of 1, or REG_BINARY instead of a DWORD.

Trial and error, I'm afraid... Safe mode will get you out if you get into trouble.
              P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Kayes,

Try it with your CPU not overclocked. Hate to tell ya but Win2k is WAY more sensitive to overclocking than Win9x.

It's probably a hardware issue not an AGP issue. Give us a full IRQ list, etc. etc.

- Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

tried underclocked to no avail.

I faced this problem before in win98. I just force it to AGP1X and it's OK.

anyway, I changed the Aperture Size to 256, IRQ 09.

Please give me the hack, please...

Comment

Too bad it didn't work. There are MANY registry settings listed in the driver, but it's not unthinkable that only some have been implemented at this time.

There's no tech support for the driver either, so you're on your own. Your best bet is to address Haig in a new message and ask him 'pretty please sugar on top' if he would be willing to see if he can get some info on this.

Comment

damn, guess I might have to consider buying a TNT2 ultra (blasphemy). This is just not worth it..

Comment

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/psbeta.exe provides one way to force both graphics card and motherboard to a specific transfer rate. After installation, start it with the following command line parameter:

pstrip.exe /agp:1x x

There are many drawbacks to this method, but one advantage is this is completely device and OS independent...

After execution, you can check AGP status with the following command:

pstrip.exe /diag

Comment

I never even dared to think that that feature might work on Win2K too... then again I really should have known better by now... (Scytale slapping forehead)

Comment

it's still no go.
                            i can't get the parameter switch to work!
                            call me an idiot but it kept telling me that file not found.

Thanks guys for all the response.

Comment

tried like mad

still no result.

Comment

Working...
                              X