Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haig: Sorry to bother you about this again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig: Sorry to bother you about this again!

Hi Haig

I haven't talked to you before, and I have searched the forum for an answer to my question but I haven't found one (conscise that is).

When the Matrox outputs DVD region 1 disk to a PAL tv there is jitter. Everyone agrees on this. Supposedly due to the frame drop from NTSC to PAL.

As I have been told, Hollywood Plus had this problem up till the 1.8 drivers.

<u>Can Matrox fix this problem?</u>
    <u>Will Matrox fix this problem?</u>

Watching DVD is a big factor for me and I paid almost $300 for this card. I don't earn a lot of money and If it takes that I have to buy an $600 NTSC TV for this problem to go away I would be VERY dissaponted.

Thank you in advance

Kristian K
    Sweden

------------------
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Striving for perfection
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Striving for perfection

Thank you for bringing this up again !

I totally agree with you, and I don't think we ever got a good answer to this problem.

Please Matrox... at least add PAL60, it can't be that hard can it?

-Insomnis
    of Norway where there are more region1 movies than region 2 in shops, and 95% of the TV's people own are PAL.

Comment

Hi guys,

I have sent this request thru the proper channels but that's about all technical support can do.

I don't know what the out come will be if any.

Haig

Comment

Yeah, about time for an answer now. In Sweden, region1 is also the the most sold/wanted. And currently no laws are forced upon us when buying region 1 so we are doing <u>nothing</u> illegal by watching region1 discs.
        However it feels bad that Matrox won't even adress this problem, that is why I turn to you Haig - you seem to stand up for us small guys. Your customers, your real employers.

Regards

Kristian

------------------
        - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Striving for perfection
        - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Striving for perfection

Comment

Ha! You kinda beat me to that last post

Thank you for listening Haig, I really appreciate it.

Regards

Kristian

------------------
          - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Striving for perfection
          - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Striving for perfection

Comment

I doubt this has anything to do with laws. There is no law in the United States from watching Region 2 DVD's. I don't agree with this, but region locking, I believe, is the result of an agreement between producers of films and manufacturers of players.

I know there are several regions, however, I believe region locking was designed to prevent people in Region 2 (Europe/Japan) from purchasing films from Region 1 (US/Canada).

Of course, this is so they can charge you guys more.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

yep, and also control the release dates. They like to keep us at least 3-6 months behind you guys on video / dvd releases. Cable screening is usually more than 12 months behind what's screening in the states.

Paul

Comment

60Hz PAL is all we need if Matrox can't really be bothered to do anything.

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

Working...
                X