DTS from Marvel G400 DVD Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTS from Marvel G400 DVD Player?

I'm about to buy a new computer system and will probably include the Marvel G400.

My old P100 system has an Encore dxr2 DVD card which I've been very pleased with (except for pass-through degradation).

I understand that the Marvel has an SPDIF out which reviews indicate can provide the AC3 Dolby Digital signal; can it also provide DTS where present? (I have a suitable amp)

I'd be grateful for any experiences from dxr2 users who've moved to the Cinemaster DVD decoding engine as used by Matrox re quality and region-coding.

TIA, Peter

The Matrox DVD player doesn't detect DTS (only DD5.1) and thus doesn't pass it through to the spdif.
    You CAN use WinDVD (look at www.dvdutils.com) though, which does detect/pass-through DTS -only from version 1.2.99-(the only soft dvd player which does that as far as I know)

I dont know if this player will work with the Marvel though...

[This message has been edited by WereWolf (edited 18 January 2000).]
    Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
    Enter The Sphere:
    go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

WinDVD 2000 only does ac3/dts with 2 soundcards - the Aureal Vortex2 8830 or the SBLive!

Buy one of these and add it to the Marvel.

T.

Comment

Working...
      X