Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd party decoder and marvel, Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd party decoder and marvel, Please help!

I didn't spring for the make-you-go-broke Matrox dvd decoder card and instead got a great deal on a stand alone creative labs decoder, similar to the ones that come with their dvd drives. I installed it and everthing runs in tandem....however, here's where it gets weird.

I can take the audio and video out to the TV through the composite cables built onto the decoder card and get beautiful sound and picture. I also get sound through my speakers. I DON'T get any video directly to the computer screen, but if I move my cursor over a menu item that I can't see, the cursor changes and I can navigate fine, without a picture of course. I tried opening the Marvel video tools and hooking up the composite out to the video in on the Marvel's 'box' thing, but all I get is a green screen.

Anybody got any bright ideas?

------------------
    JÊÐî /'\å§tå
    -“Artificial Intelligence is no match to Natural Stupidity!”

JÊÐî /'\å§tå

Well, to me it sounds like you decoder card would like to use a passthrough cable to show the picture also on your monitor. However, as you do not (obviously) have the cable in place, you only get a blank window. However, the DVD software "knows" the picture is there, and therefore the navigation works.

The green picture may be a result of Macrovision decoding once again. I think Marvel has Macrovision implemented and refuses to display/record Macrovision protected signals.

Or then again, I may be completely wrong.

[This message has been edited by Meek (edited 09-23-1999).]
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Well, i guess I should've mentioned before, I DO have the pass through cable installed. Creative Labs released a new driver set for the card (CT7160) but those seemed to make it worse, rendering my video tools useless with a horrible picture. Anyone else?

------------------
      JÊÐî /'\å§tå

JÊÐî /'\å§tå

Comment

Right, sounds like a driver problem... unless you have two big a refresh rate/resolution
        combination. I Do not know the limits for
        your board , though.

The only passthrough device I have is a FAST
        MM2 video capture card, and with that the overlay has to be set up manually to match the refresh rate of the display card. I would think that it is automatic by these days, though. So, Sorry, no other ideas.

M.
        year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Help!
          Decoder MPEG2 Ct7160 does not work (TV-out) with Matrox Millenium G200!

Computer:
          Motherboard VIA MVP3
          K6-2-350
          64 Mb
          Quantum EX3.2
          Yamaha 724 PCI
          Matrox Millenium G200 AGP

Help!

Comment

Working...
          X