No announcement yet.

G400 MAX & DVD/TV out problems UPDATE !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX & DVD/TV out problems UPDATE !

The way that the S-video connector works, you have luminance (black and white) and ground on one pair of pins, and the chromanince (color) and ground on the other pair of pins. If you are only seeing B&W, it may be as simple as only half of the pins are successfully connected to your TV. You may want to double check the connections. If that still doesn't work, try a RCA composite video.

I haven't had any problems like that with the Matrox DVD player. I do have a very similar setup. K7M/Athlon 700/256MB/G400 32 DH (not a MAX, though). What OS are you running?

If the pic is B/W, that´s because your TV isn´t suportting the correct s-video input mode. You can have that option on the TV settings, or you may not, and in that case you are out of luck, just as me. But if you *had* it working fine, check you TV settings.

Look here for more detailed info: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004637.html

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 26 December 1999).]

Comment

well, let me reveal the obvious... go to your display settings tab, then click advanced. click on the DualHead tab, then make sure that you have the DVDMax checked. click the DVDMax TV Settings (down in the bottom-right hand corner), and make sure you don't have "Black and white" checked (it's under Image Quality)... hope that helped =)

------------------
      -Campbell "aNtHrAx323" Krueger
      anthrax32@yahoo.com

System specs:
      AMD K6-III 400 at 112x4.0 at 2.3V
      Asus P5A
      96 MB SD-RAM (the old 66 MHz... stable enough tho =)
      Matrox G400 AGP 32MB Dual-Head
      Diamond Sonic Impact S90 PCI
      Linksys LNE100TX WOL PCI Ethernet adapter
      Processor is a peltier/Alpha cooling combo, avg. temp is around 85 F.

http://anthrax.home.texas.net
      -Campbell "aNtHrAx323" Krueger
      anthrax32@yahoo.com

System specs:
      Dual Celeron 400s (week 52 i think) @ 588 @ 2.05v (air-cooled, no peltiers)
      Abit BP6 (w/ QQ BIOS and HPT366 1.22 BIOS)
      128 MB of PC133 SD-RAM (Athlon-grade)
      Matrox G400 AGP 32MB Dual-Head
      Diamond Monster Sound MX300
      3Com 3C905C PCI w/ WOL
      Western Digital Expert 20.5 GB ATA/66 7200 RPM drive

the aXion gaming network

Comment

G400 MAX & DVD/TV out problems UPDATE !

Hello eveyone Merry Xmas,

Hope someone can help, basically I used to have the G400 and had no problems with DVD output, however I now have the G400 MAX and am having problems basically the TV out is Black & White instead of colour, and like I said nothing has changed as far as setting is concerned so I know it's nit the Tv. The TV is connected via S-video. Even the test options (settings) you have when setting up the card for Dual head mode give me B & W stips now instead of Colour. I think there is a problem with the card, can anyone suggest anything or maybe you've have seen this problem before.

Also if I go to play the Matrox DVD player now it falls over after agreeing to the licence and gives a blue screen telling me there has been a fatal error number (*h2621917887 bla bla) and that I should restart at which point the hole machine falls over....

Anyidea's ??#

I have tryed reinstalling all matrox software drivers the lot. Still the same..
        I don't no any other way...#

The card is running on the ASUS K7M board with an AMD 700 256 memory bla bla
        I have tryed the WinDVD player which works so I'm not sure what this says about the Matrox one

Comment

Had the same problem, no color with s-video cable. Used a simple audio cable and connected the tv and the g400 tv out cable, et voila color in all her brilliance, so the problem surely lies with the tv that doesn't support s-video. In my case I used a scart adaptor with two audio channels, 1 s-video and 1 tv out,

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X