8mb upgrade realy worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mb upgrade realy worth it

I was just wondering what people thought about the 8mb upgrade for the g200s. I have a mystique and was considering buying the upgrade but have heard conflicting thoughts about it. Please let me know what you think.

I apoligize if this topic has been discussed b4, but I have just recently become active on the forum.

Scyber

Absolutely not. Unless you're trying to run @ very high resolutions, you probably don't want the upgrade. May people have had stability problems with the memory upgrade, and it causes your G200 to automatically clock itself to lower speeds.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

NO!

Comment

If you really, Really, REALLY need the 16Mb ram because you just bought yourself a 21" Sony GDM-500 or another extremely high resolution device, dump the g200 and buy a g400max or at least an OEM g400 16Mb s-h.

I hazard a guess that the very inexpensive OEM 16Mb g400's are cheaper and better performing than the 8Mb upgrades for the g200.

Not that the g200 is a bad card; just that the 230/250Mhz DAC and the more limited memory bus is tapped out at higher rez/deeper colour depths.

T.

Comment

Working...
        X