no sound on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no sound on TV

I have a G200tv board and a SB PCI128 sound card. I can not get any sound to the TV. I have tried all of the outputs on the the sound card to the BOB. None of the mixer controls are muted. The sound is fine from the computer speakers. Thanks for any advice. IAN

It tends to be easier to skip the BOB altogether when editing. Just connect your sound card straight to your TV (there are adaptors for this purpose).

The only reason to connect sound from your BOB to your PC is when you want to watch TV on your computer. In this case, connect the BOB cord labeled "Audio Out" to your sound card's "Line In." Otherwise, save yourself a headache and don't use the BOB for audio.

Comment

Thanks.
      What I have been trying to do is watch DVD's on a TV in a different room, connecting it using a s-video cable from the BOB to the TV (25 feet away and on a different floor)Video works but not the sound.

Ian

Comment

I have a marvel G400 and it seems that no sound can get out from the audio out connectors of the BOB. The question is: why these connectors if then don't work?????
        Is my BOB broken?

Comment

One reason for the headaches caused by BOB's is that it seems to switch the inputs on and off, depending on what it's doing. (e.g. Watch TV, and the BOB's "Audio Out" starts playing TV sound instead of its normal connection.) So, there are always four possibilities, ckj:

1. Wrong hookup (typical). BOB's "Audio Out" goes to sound card's "Line In" and vice-versa.
          2. Muted sound. Make sure "Line In" is unmuted and turned up, along with master volume controls, etc.
          3. BOB is in TV mode. Switching it out of this mode may be difficult or impossible; try loading and quitting PC-VCR remote to see if it makes any difference.
          4. BOB is busted.

Matrox's design of the BOB is poor... Iomega's Buz had much better audio connections. Perhaps Matrox could fix its audio connections in the next release? (HA!) Until such time, it's just easier to skip the BOB for audio.

Comment

"connecting it using a s-video cable from the BOB to the TV"

Not surprising you aren't getting any audio then, the S-video lead only carries Video information. Try taking composites from the audio-outs on the BOB to the TV as well.

Comment

Working...
            X