Overclocking a G100??? Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking a G100??? Anyone?

Has anyone tried this feat? I think I will be stuck without a MAX for a while and will want to try to overclock my G100. If anyone has managed this (if even possible?), let me know please. Thanks.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Did it some time ago. I think I will do it again, this time from PInS. This will probably allow me to get 1280x960x32 at 85 Hz.

Comment

How do you do this? Just simply using MGA Tweak? And btw, what kind of kooling will you be using on it?
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I used my own software, adopted from MXSET which later became G4SET. Wait a few days. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to play with my G100.

Comment

Current MGATweak already supports G100, but not well tested, because no many people use G100 nowadays. Only system PLL overclocking supports is available.

Matrox has finally release G100 developers' chip specs. Future MGATweak will provide SDRAM/SGRAM optimization and etc. to G100 as well.

Well, hard to say, G100 doesn't seem to receive good supports. Very few request for G100 overclocking support. So I will leave it for a low-P implementation.
          KJ Liew

Comment

Overclocked my one located into work place.
            System PLL Clock raised up from 120 Mhz to 190 Mhz (WOW).

Maked some tests, then lowered again the clock: I must work with that baby, and I don't want to smoke my G100-AGP !!!

Best Regard.

Zanna
            <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
            <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

Did it! My Productiva G100 went up to 1280x960x32bpp @85Hz. This required two changes in PInS. I changed the GClk from 66 to 70 MHz (210MHz SClk, 105 MHz MClk). Unfortunately it looks like it needs faster memory clock (there are minor artifacts while dragging the window). I will try the next change soon and summarize the efforts on my website.

Comment

Working...
              X