Lockups on ALL gamez w/g400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockups on ALL gamez w/g400?

Hey guys...im having a strange problem right now. Yesterday my system was working fine and i was happily playing System Shock 2 all night...Now today for some reason, my system locks up right as it enters into ANY game i play. I see the game screen, and hear the sound, but the controls dont work and i have to do a hard restart. Sometimes i only get a black screen! I tried restoring my registry with the /restore command, still no luck. What the hell is wrong?? Help!
    P3-450 128mb ram G400 16 meg Quantum 13gb hd SB Live!Value

What version of LiveWare are you using? I've got a similar system as you: P3-450, 128 ram, Quantum 13GB, SBLive (liveware 3.0), Abit BE6 mobo, and G400 32MB OEM.

I never had any issues until I recently updated from liveware 2.1 to 3.0. Unfortunately at the same time, I also updated to the 5.41 pdesk drivers, so I'm not 100% sure where the problem is, but I think it with the Liveware (I've even read that that Lava program causes problems).

Not always, but once in a while I run into problems with games (mostly OGL games like Half-life and Quake 2) when CD music is requested. System just hangs with sound continuously looping until a hard reset. To fix it I have to go to the Audio Headquarters and under Diagnostics I click "Restore". It still stutters for a couple of seconds, but it doesn't freeze.
    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

You might try reseating your (G400) card.

Richard

Comment

Try forcing AGP 1x.

Strange thing, some days (once-twice a month) I must force it in order to use PC without problems. These are: freezed system with playing sound (sometimes evidently looped); coloured corupted screen, sometimes with boxed cursor etc.

It seems forcing AGP 1x helps.

JLordsen

Comment

Working...
        X