X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with G100

Hi everybody,

I am new in this forum.
    Well, I have a problem with G100 8Mb AGP.
    oh I used 5.41.008 driver.

I installed G100 in P3500 to Via based Motherboard ( I have IWILL ). I also have the Toshiba DVD 6x
    I also put Voodoo2 12Mb with it

Here is my problem.
    I can't run PowerDVD (both ver 2.00 and 2.5) smoothly even in a 16 bit mode (still jerky and look ugly). I used DirectX 6.1

I discovered the old S3 Virge did better on this.

So anybody have any solution for this, please let me know.

Oh, Anybody know how to overclock G100 ( I need the software and I need to know the maximum clock that I can get)

Sincerely,

E1

What's with the G-100's lately?

You're board was really designed to run business apps, like Excel and Word. Why do you want to overclock it? Do you intend to play games with it? I really don't recommend this. It's an old board, and, again, was not designed to do anything that overclocking would benefit.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I agree with Paul, this board should not be overclock as it would be totaly useless to overclock this 2D card. It won't even play any new games anyways...

As for DVD, it does not do the slightess hardware assisted DVD decoding... this card is simply not meant to play DVD with because it's overlay support is none existant at 16 or 32 bit color...

Comment

I am curious - how's the 2D on the G100? Is it comparable to that on the G200? I was thinking on buying a Productive for a second system...
        Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

The 2D isnt quite as fast as the G200s, but I can't tell the difference, only the benchmarks can. Its DAC is a bit slower too I think, but that won't bother you unless you want to run some huge res.
          The image quality seems typical Matrox, but I cant say for really high res cos the monitor I had at the time wouldnt support it.

Comment

Livius,

Avoid buying G100, It is terrible. it is not like G200 at all. And the other thing, it is old.

if you want something cheap, Get S3 Savage4 based card (OEM). It is quite cheap, but do more stuff than G100 or G200. The only thing about S3, drivers still need to be improved a lot. And, you have a chance to see how beutiful playing Unreal, using its Metal.

But, for overall, it is much better than g200 or g100.

For your info, I used to use Savage3D (Now my permanent card is TNT2<excellent driver>.) I know Savage3D is much better than G100. And on SofwareD VD, it does much better job using its Motion Compensation.

Well, It is just my opinion. If you want a really cheap Card, get Intel I740, Savage3D, or even Trident Cyberblade. Trust me, They are better than G100.

E1

Comment

E1-2K: G100 is an excellent "business" card, and it's signal quality is definitely better than that of current non-Matrox cards. While it does not run any 3D apps, it is very good for running office applications at high resolutions (up to 1600x1200). So for someone with very limited budget and no need for 3D, G100 is still a better solution than low-quality bells-and-whistles 3D card.

The company I'm associated with still hapens to sell some computers for offices with second hand G100 cards (OEM version removed from upgraded Compaq machines). And the users are very happy with them.

PS. I am writing this using G100 powered 17" Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17, crystal sharp 1152x864 at 85 Hz.

Comment

Working...
              X