Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I record MPEG files to VCR using G400-TV bundled software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I record MPEG files to VCR using G400-TV bundled software?

Is there a way to record MPEG files to a VCR with the existing G400-TV software? There doesn't appear to be any way to import MPEG files into Avid Cinema. I just need to import existing MPEG files and arrange them for recording out to a VCR.

Otherwise, is there an affordable program (under $200) out there that can do this? I would love Premiere, but I'm not ready to shell out the $$$!

I'm fairly new to video editing and I have a couple CD-ROM's of music video footage encoded as MPEG's that I want to record to a VCR.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Well, I don't have a G400, but I think all you need to do is enable TV-Out in powerdesk and then play the MPEGs in Media Player, choose full screen and record them on your VHS. (at least this works with my Marvel G200-TV)

Comment

Hi,
      Adobe Premiere 5.0 works fine to import and edit MPEG1 files.
      For export to a new MPEG1 I'm using the XingMPEG encoder plugin or standalone program.
      Never tried Avid.
      Soon I will try Ulead Media Studio Pro 5.2 too.

*** AMD K6-2 400, 64 Mb,FIC PA-2013 mobo, 3.5+6.4 Gb EIDE HDD, Marvel G400-TV (PAL), 19" NEC MultiSync 5D....
      Fred H.
      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Just enable DVDmax in the advanced options
        when you play the mpeg.
        it will automaticly be outputted to the tv/video just like a dvd :O)

aint Matrox Great!!!

CMB
        Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
        X