What's the state of the w2k drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the state of the w2k drivers?

What's the state of the w2k drivers? Does at least DX7 work all right? Should I try it? (I have a week of vacation
    Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Not much luck here, but it is worth a try.

Paul

Comment

Livius, it depends on the rest of your system. If you have an ACPI compliant system (older ABIT boards are right out in this area) and are willing to clean-install... the Matrox drivers work fine. Some minor glitching in D3D, and OpenGL is buggy but usable.

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm, where on earth did you get that about older Abit boards?
        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I'd say go with the MS drivers until Matrox updates their drivers.
          We should expect a update before 17 feb...

- Anders

Comment

Go with MS drivers? And not even have more than 8-bit color? Hmmmm. I don't think so. Matrox's drivers are fine. D3D runs well IF and I repeat again IF the game will install properly under 2000. Some older games (i.e. Battlezone) have troubles under 2000. This is NOT a driver problem, but more due to the fact that the game was written specifically for 95 and NOT for NT.

The Rock
            Bart

Comment

Working...
            X