Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 buyers guide - advice needed.

Hello all.

I know that I'm supposed to know the following (being a reg. MURC'er), or at least find it meself along the many pages of Matrox. It is however so, that I find Matrox's product-information pages a tad messy and confusing, so here's the case:

I have to build a system for a familymember. The rest of the system is clear but when it comes to the graphicspart, I'm not on the sure end. This is what's he's be doing on the PC - Wordprocessing, homebanking, small games for young kids and finally he'll have a DVD, so he'll wanna be able to watch DVD on his TV-set, but ALSO he wanna be able to watch TV on his PC. So Video out is a must as well as a build-in TV-tuner.

What can Matrox offer that will cover this. My thinking is:

A G400 DH 32MB. But how about watching TV then? Or maybe a Marvel-TV DH, but what about all those extra money spent on editing facilities that he's NEVER gonna use? (btw! He's 60).

Thank you for any advice, also maybe concerning alternate solutions including products by other manufactures - as long as the main graphicscard is a Matrox.

------------------
    ASUS P2B-S, PII-350 (o/c to 412MHz), 128MB RAM, Cheetah 9.1 GB, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB 64AWE, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, Sony CDU-924S CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.
    ASUS P2B-S, PIII-550 (o/c to 565MHz), 512MB RAM, Seagate X15 & Cheetah XL, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB LivePlayer, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, PlexWriter PX-R820T CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet, OkiPage 4W Laser and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.

just get the G400 and a TV Tuner Card.

Comment

Thanx Cole, but a Matrox Tuner-card?
      ASUS P2B-S, PIII-550 (o/c to 565MHz), 512MB RAM, Seagate X15 & Cheetah XL, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB LivePlayer, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, PlexWriter PX-R820T CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet, OkiPage 4W Laser and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.

Comment

The G400 supports the Rainbow Runner G-Series, which has a TV tuner.

Sorry, they sneak in some video editing tools with the RR G-Series as well.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
        X