Win2K and Beta Matrox Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K and Beta Matrox Drivers

Now this is really depressing. I'm using Windows 2000 here at work, and decided to install the Beta drivers to see how they would perform. So, I install them, reboot my PC, and then... DISASTER...

My Windows works for about 20 seconds, and then the display goes funny, it almost as if it shifts few lines a bit left, AND MY PC FREEZES!!! I'm using a Matrox Millineum G200 with the latest BIOS and everything. And now I cannot seem to get the beta drivers uninstalled and put back the drivers that comes with Windows 2000. I'm on Windows 2000 build 2195.

Somebody, please help... I don't want to reinstall Windows just to sort out this problem... And Windows Safe Mode is not the best way of looking at you screen, especially if you're trying to program...

Press F8 at boot up and try last known good config.

[This message has been edited by Scytale (edited 13 January 2000).]
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

The problem is because there's no AGP driver made by your mobo manufactorer yet.
      If you are able (and the option is there) to disable "bus mastering" it might solve the problem but with a hit in the performance.

To go back with previous driver, boot to Safe Mode and install the driver you used before.

_
      B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 13 January 2000).]

Comment

Tried both suggestions, with no luck. Looks like I'll have to reinstall.

DAMN!

Comment

You can try booting to safe mode and uninstalling the graphics card. If it's working correctly on next reboot the card should be re-found and old drivers installed.

Comment

I've found the beta drivers to be a nuisance more than anything else using a G200. The OOB drivers for G200 work much better in my (limited to VA503+) experience with G200 and Win2K.
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I had the same problem when I loaded the Matrox beta drivers on a golden copy of Win2K. What I believe is happening is the Matrox installation routine is overwriting some of the newer files that comes with the release version of Win2K.

To fix it, all I did was rerun the setup of Windows 2000 and I selected the upgrade mode instead of fresh install. This restored all the necessary files and now it's running perfect. Hope this helps.

PS. The release version of Win2K is noticeable faster than RC3.

Comment

Working...
              X