My G400 TV-out seems to be dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G400 TV-out seems to be dead.

I have a very irritating problem. One week my G400 second CRT was working with my PAL TV and now it doesn't give me an image anymore. Even changing setting which normally make the screen flicker for a smaal second, don't appear anymore.

The stupid thing is that when I attach a monitor on the second CRT, the monitor does give an image.

As most of you can understand this is very frustrating as DVD Max is one of the greatest features of my G400.

I will try the G400 of a friend on my TV to see wheter it is my card or maybe my TV or the cable. But it might also be some kind of wrong setting, which I don't know about.

Are there any people who have experienced this and have they solved it? Else I think I'll have to trade my defect G400 for another (which might be less overclockable :-( ).

With regards
    Frank Schoondermark

I am having the same problem. For some reason, the matrox driver does not seem to detect digital video playing anymore, so the dvdmax option is non-functional right now. I am sure a registry setting got modified by some program that I installed recently. I tried disabling dual-head and then enacbling it again as this worked in the past when I had a similar problem, but to no avail. I also upgraded the driver to the latest one. Next thing I am going to do is remove the driver then reinstall it.

Comment

Did you uninstall the 5.50 beta drivers with the Matrox uninstaller ?

Comment

Duh, I feel stupid. I indeed didn't use pduninst (for the first time) when reinstalling 5.41. I'll try that. Maybe it's simply a bug or disabled feature in the BETA drivers.

Comment

That could be it. When enabling dual monitors the driver screen says that there is a generic monitor on my second port. But I can enable dual-head, DVD Max etc., select the PAL TV etc. but I don't get an image on the TV.

The last drivers I installed were 5.50 BETA drivers. Going back to the 5.41 (using pduninst) didn't help. Anyone got a clue for us?

Comment

Working...
          X