Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nvidia NV11 &NV15 will have Dual Head Support....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia NV11 &NV15 will have Dual Head Support....

Hey... I pulled this from iXBT-labs.com:

NV11 chip possesses two separate and independent video pipes and two CRTC (Cathode Ray Tube Controller), which transfer the data formed by the graphics processor into the integrated RAMDAC, into the external (optional) RAMDAC, into the dual channel transmitter of the digital signal or into the TV coder. This allows using Dual Display technology, which means that you can connect two displaying devices (such as monitors, for instance) to the graphics adapter based on NV11:

CRT + TV
    CRT + DFP
    CRT + CRT (external RAMDAC required)
    DFP + TV
    DFP + DFP

Due to Dual Link TMDS/LVDS transmitter integrated into NV11 chip and serving for DFP monitors support, there is no use in additional controllers and all you have to do is just to install interface connectors.

Note that the additional RAMDAC is required only if you need to show two independent images on two different CRT monitors. If you want to use the second CRT monitor as a duplicate of the first one (which means that the picture on the second monitor is an absolute copy of what you see on the first one) or as a continuation of your desktop, you don't need an additional RAMDAC on the card.

You can easily notice that NVIDIA's Dual Display technology is very similar to DualHead Display from Matrox.
    So Matrox won't be the only dual head card in about 3-4 months. Later in the article they state that NV15 problably won't have EMBM.

I'm still holding my breath for G800.

------------------
    Abit BH6
    Celeron 450
    Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
    256MB PC100 RAM
    IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
    Creative Labs DVD 5x
    Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
    Monster Sound MX300
    USR 56K Modem
    Creative Labs DTT 2500
    ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
    Win98 SE

Abit BH6
    Celeron 450
    Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
    256MB PC100 RAM
    IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
    Creative Labs DVD 5x
    Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
    Monster Sound MX300
    USR 56K Modem
    ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
    Windows ME

Thats typical for NVIDIA. They copy the more useless feature from Matrox and don't implent EMBM.

Thats so....Arrgh! Anyway, i would never buy a Nvidia card anymore, with the bad image quality of an ASUS Geforce Card in mind.

Mega

------------------
    K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
    G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on
    K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
    G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

DOH!
      Nvidia sucks. Did they ever invent something (besides, so far, useless T&L)? What are they trying to do... DualHead is clearly an option appreciated by people in graphic industry or CAD users that have a need for huge workspace or another monitor for preview and stuff like that. Well those people will never use Nvidia beacuse of their sucky picture quality... Matrox is clearly a winner here, and that's why I'm also holding my breath for G800

Oh yeah... and the fact that I'm a Matrox fan to the bone may have something to do with it

Comment

This is just strange. With further unhappy users of Nvidia products(Through manufacturers as it always had been..) of boards requiring high voltage ratings for required operating instances/timings, plus people who strangely owned a V3 board and is no way near to close happy with their GeForce when they bought the product and first plugged it into their AGP slot, plug-n'-play, install drivers, and play their Quake3: Arena or any game with OpenGL or Direct3D out there, and FINALLY, get dissapointed with the visual performance factor, I see no way they Nvidia is getting into what they are now as the major chip provider for 2D/3D graphic solutions.

I only see people with the GeForce for simply raw peformance to be real honest. For the people who look for anything but just the mentioned area, kicking out visual performance(OK this is kicking out DXTC and Dot3 Product Bump Mapping - to sound a little stupid here.)

Let's face it. Who - of the other top 3 major contenders of the 32bit external rendering arena, doens'nt have overall better visuals then Nvidia for the past 1/2-2 years of their timeframe of success?

The GeForce as I intend, is simply for those 'tech junkies' who only want to boast of their own board. I mean, let's say, your friends says DDR. Of course, at least some of your other friends, if not you, would freak out.

I don't know why Nvidia fans say this, but they tend to say T&L is all that matters. If a single chip architecture has two independent tranformation and Lighting engines built in, it does not mean a total performance boost when game developers or any sorts of SDKs to implement them.

In the current state, DirectX 7.0a only supports a minized factor of such operational calculations - where still, at least, fully relying, at least, compared to the previous state, 60-70% of the CPU's FPU. But yes, with nothing to argue with, there still, at least, a small perforance gain. (In others words minimized CPU utilization) If it's fully affective I don't know. Now you might ask, why are some reviewers of hardware product out there showing the performance gain with T&L? A simple answer could be, a combo of configured DLL files for the specified benchmark program.

Hey guys, to tell ya, I am sold to Matrox. I'm not trying to be biased here, but above is still the overall "way simplified" manner of some weaknesses of Nvidia. Any GeForce256 based card, being for the average consumer level, could overall be in everyone's system if the price does not matter. I see the 0.22 mic fab process is a very affective way to minimize electric current contridictions between circuits - transistors (Phew 22 million of em' is sure a lot!) and it's certainly a very affective way to minimize heat issues.

Well, seeing I'm learning CAD, I see Dual Head as being a very nice tech to have, plus for EMBM compared to Dot3 Product, I sure see a difference. Multiple lights sources, distortion effects, Luminance control, to name the few.

Too bad guys! I'm into the Matrox community! Millenium G400 MAX? here I come!! G600/800?? Here I come!!

Comment

Thats typical for NVIDIA. They copy the more useless feature from Matrox and don't implent EMBM.
          DualHead useless? I don't think so.

-------------------------
          Working System:
          ABit BF6, Celeron 366@550MHz, Millennium G400Max DualHead SBLive Player 1024, etc...............

Comment

Well, you forgat one thing. The NV11 are made for notebooks. I don't think matrox have made their G400 available for the notebook marked which is sad

------------------

Comment

Shall we continue this on General Hardware.. http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001036.html

_
              B

Comment

Dual Head for notebooks is useful for sure...
                Corwin the Brute

Comment

Matrox...please get into the Notebook market!
                  I'm sick and tired of my Stinkpad's display card (The NeoMagic MagicGraph 128xd) it's the crapiest thing I've experienced.(of coarse being spoiled by the Matrox cards 2D quality)
                  I can picture a G400 in my laptop with dual head and resolutions higher than just 1024x768

Regards,
                  Elie

Comment

ONE thing is certain:

If the new Matrox Gxxx is not capable of AT LEAST 900 MegaTextels/sec then it will not be able to CRACH the competition(And i love when this happen)

------------------
                    Pentium II 450Mhz@504,Asus P2B rev1.04 (biosrev.1011),17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,128MB PC100 ram,Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM,Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Epson Stylus Color 740,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

ONE thing is certain:

If the new Matrox Gxxx is not capable of AT LEAST 900 MegaTextels/sec then it will not be able to CRACH the competition(And i love when this happen)

------------------
                      Pentium II 450Mhz@504,Asus P2B rev1.04 (biosrev.1011),17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,128MB PC100 ram,Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM,Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Epson Stylus Color 740,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

Working...
                      X