G400 T&L Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 T&L Hardware

I've read a lot of speculation about the G400 having T&L acceleration, but this being disabled.

I doubt it, at least at a level where it would be usable.

If it did Matrox would be stupid not to release a press statement, like S3 did (the Savage 2000 has hardware T&L, but we can't get the drivers to work, Open GL support in Q1, blah blah blah)

This would make many buyers think twice.

I think it would be more likely for Matrox to release a daughterboard T&L solution, similar to the Rainbow Runner update option. This would also prolong the lifespan of the G400 considerably, and would be a wise decision, as the need for hardware T&L is minimal right now.

Of course I could be wrong (I hope I am )
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

This has been discussed a couple of weeks ago, when the rumours came out. You may want to do a forum search...
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

My general take on the rumors. I have no factual evidence to support any of these statements.

The G400 register architecture is setup in such a way that it would be a no brainer for them to add T&L accel. This is good foresight on Matrox's part.

The G400 that I've got and everybody else has got does not have any hardware T&L support.

The next video card that Matrox releases will be very similar to the G400, but it will add hardware T&L support.

Comment

Yap !..agree with Thundrchez ...no T&L for good old G400 next gen MATROX chip ..well I hope it will support it in all the beauty & FULL PACK with BUMPS, 32bit NO PERFORMANCE LOST rendering & other ince stuf like DUAL HED,LOOOOTS of RAM & ocourse with a LOW price... ..do I ask to much ????????? LoL

------------------
        PIII450@504(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound II ,IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Working...
        X