SiSoft and new 400 max is 16 meg sdram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiSoft and new 400 max is 16 meg sdram

For those of you with new 400max boards with the G4+MMDH4A32G please test them with SiSoft Sandra 99.8.5.30 and see what you get under PCI & AGP Buses Information. My new card is showing it as a Matrox Graphics Millenium G400 16 MB SDRAM (Ven_102B,Dev_217D); my former G400max showed correctly as 32mb SGRAM and VEN_102B, Dev_2179. I think this may be a bug in sisoftsandra - my wintune 98 and 3DMark2000 are the same for both boards and they both show 32meg video memory and 104 meg AGP (total 136)under video system information

oh, snd i know, before i get flammed there really is no difference between 2x and 4x and i am being a technogeek...or worse..but it is strange.......
    AMD1200, A7V. 400g Max, RR, 512mg sdram, Pioneer 10x DVD 104s(no soda holder), Creative DVD dr3, 18g ultra66, 6.4g ultra33, Atapi Zip & PP 100, SB Live Platinum, Cambridge Theatre 5.1, DTT2500 Digital, USB Broadband Blaster, Windows XPsp1

ijust upgraded, then checked my MAX and everything was listed correctly.
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Comment

upgraded?? from G400max to G400max 4 ??

Inotherwords, you tested the G4+MMDH4A32G or the G4+MMDHA32G???? which one? Both of mine were made in Ireland -- I have seen a 4A made in Thailand but did not test it - if yours was a 4A, was it made in Thailand??

why is mine saying G400 16 meg sdram??? and not sgram--32??
      AMD1200, A7V. 400g Max, RR, 512mg sdram, Pioneer 10x DVD 104s(no soda holder), Creative DVD dr3, 18g ultra66, 6.4g ultra33, Atapi Zip & PP 100, SB Live Platinum, Cambridge Theatre 5.1, DTT2500 Digital, USB Broadband Blaster, Windows XPsp1

Comment

Jsw, are you using the registered "Pro" or shareware version of Sandra?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It looks like both Matrox and SiSoft are guilty in this case. Have you tried the MXINFO from my website? Please do so and send me the output.

Comment

Well, in another thread here I already stated my opinion on Sandra benchmark, and it is not rosy I believe SiSoft isn't doing their best with programming their product, to put it mildly, so you get stuff like that reported with every new piece of hardware you put in your machine...
            OOOH and those excellent advices in the bottom
            Advice No.1:
            "You have to few memory slots available. Memory upgradeing could pose a problem!!!"

And as advice no.2 right beneath no.1:
            "You have free memory slots!! You should consider buying more memory!!!!!"

I have ABIT BH6 with 3 DIMM slots and 1 DIMM 128 Megs of RAM... With a bit of elementary math, I can put in 2x256=512 megs more summing up to a total of 640 megs! That doesn't pose a problem, and what? If I have unused slots I should go to the store and buy,buy,buy until my mobo is packed with stuff I don't need. Thanks, but 128 megs is still enough

Comment

1) I think what is happening is sisoft is not recognizing the unique product hardware code - the date of the SiSoft is before the new Board so it is guessing what board it is - i have another program which operates in dos window which also says 16mg sdram but also says Guess
              2)I am using the free version
              3) gbm - what web page for mxinfo??

sisoft does seem to report the 32mg video and the other tests for both cards are the same so it may be the new product identification code.....what do we think??

Comment

gbm - found web site and downloaded - will try tonight...thanx....I also have k6III 450 which i have overclocked (!!!) to 5x100 on ASUS P5a board - (P100 sdram 128meg) - I tried to increase to 105 and didn't work - but 5x100 is stable and low temp...and does increase performance......but that's another matter..

Comment

The problem is the product id code says 217D and not 2179!! 2179 is the product code for the G400 series ..even Matrox is not aware that this card says 217D not 2179,.....other test show that this is a max card....does anyone else have a g400 max 4 from Ireland and does it show 217D or 2179 ---maybe like stamps, this one is a rarity???? --hey, maybe, it's e-bay time....what am i bid for a matrox 217D?? Anyway, seriously - what do the other new matrox 400g max test as????

Comment

I've been using Sandra Pro for almost two years (and useless advice aside) have found her(?) to be accurate. Mine is reporting my Max as VEN_102B, DEV_2179 and correctly names it "Matrox Graphics Inc Millennium G400 MAX".

I have an Abit BE-6 and also use Motherboard Monitor, and both Sandra and MoboMon are within .10f of each other through two sensors (cpu and mobo). Unfortunately Sandra doesn't report temp on diodes. I had problems about a year ago when Sandra didn't like the version of Directx I was running and reported some pretty weird s#$t. Since then she's been right on the nose with everything I inquire about.

Comment

Jsw, It reports

Revision hardware ID VEN_102B,DEV_2179
                      Revision No. 4(04)

I have the registered PRO version... Please don't think this proggy is correct at everything it does, cause it not gospel!!!

------------------
                      Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod.
                      Anyone up for an Eclipse'd Athlon? Email me (epc@netdirect.net) for more information

3000 mips, 1.172 gflops @ 900 mHz 1:3 latency
                      CPUmark99 75
                      FPU Winmark 4890

3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X