Need help for a worthy cause....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for a worthy cause....

OK. Here's the scoop. After a long ass time, I finally got my G400MAX. Yeehaw! Anyways, now that I got that sucker, I am one of those freaks that built a home arcade machine from scratch, put in a computer running MAME and have enjoyed classic gaming goodness in semi-realistic form. Now, however, I was running an ATI Xpert@Play that had a Rage LT Pro chip in since this card was cheap and has excellent TV out. Naturally, upon getting my G400MAX (gawd I love saying that) I relegated my regular G400 to the arcade cabinet, since this way I will have some real muscle in the gfx card and even be able to play newer emulators such as Impact or even games like Need for Speed and such that go great with a bigass screen and very resistant controls .

Now, I setup the card for TV out in DOS, pulled it out of the normall machine, installed it into the cabinet and setup dualhead clone. So now I have the DOS and wondows screens going out to the TV. You dont even need to have a computer monitor atached to the system, boots right into the TV. Only the BIOS shows up farked, but thats ok, as I dont need to get into it anyways.

Now my dilemma is this one: When I'm booting, my windows 98 boot screen looks great!, but once I start running games for some reason, some of the odder resolutions used, the colors are just screwed up. For example, NeoGeo games have a low res screen thats 320x224. When I start one of them, the red just gets super saturated on screen and brightness drops a tad. But if I adjust the TV to these settings, when I exit the game, windows looks like mud with no color and super high contrast and brightness.

Now, my question is, has anybody had any experience adjusting the TV out settings for specific resolutions or something like this? I would prefer this than setting the emulators to one screen res and then just scaling the gfx to size and stuff (can be done, not as elegant though IMHO)

OK, any help would be apreciated. Tahnks ya'll.

[This message has been edited by Genom (edited 14 January 2000).]
    A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.
Working...
X