Odd problem with Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd problem with Max

I have a strange problem with my new MAX card, yesterday i tampered with dos tv output
    bios setting. And it went haywire and when i
    restarted my puter it didn't show anything just blank black screen.

I put my old G400 16mt SH in and that worked. After that i did some stupid things and used bios recovery disk created by this old card because I didn't do this rec. disk with my Max.

Today i noticed that Display Information
    page showed that my Ramdac is 300Mhz not 360
    Mhz. My question is did my old card bios
    cause this to my Max ? Or is there someway
    to make it show right RAMDAC Mhz.

I guess that this problem doesn't affect anything so it's quite minor. but if someone knows what's going on, please tell me.

Even if zou didn't create the recovery diskette, your BIOS backup copy should have been created in PROGBIOS directory. Find the .bin files and check which is the right one using MXINFO utility from my website. Then program the card with this file (using -k option).

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot for info. I did find my Max bios file, but i cant reprogram it back with
      progbios. I can only use option -i and not
      -k as you "gbm" adviced. With progbios -i
      "file name" it didnt update it. So what i am
      doing wrong...

Comment

Interesting. This brings back to my mind a question I posed 7.9.99 on this forum (No ansers, thoug). Can you "max" a vanilla (that has the max level 5 ns memory chips) by flashing a new BIOS to the card?

Nobody answered at that time. At least it seems that the revers is true.

Not that it matters to me, my current display would make absolutely no use of the 360 MHz RAMDAC frequency. The question is theoretically interesting, though...

M.
        year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Working...
        X