Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Runner + G400 SH

hey everyone,
    on matrox's site, it says that the Rainbow Runner G-Series is not compatible with the G400 SH.. is this right?.. if it is, is there any way to make it work? Like maybe get a dualhead addon?

Nope.
    They speak the truth.
    Even with the not-yet-available DH add-on, a RR-G WILL NOT work with a SH card.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I ordered my dual-head upgrade for my SH G400 32Meg card on Tuesday, and it arrived this morning by FedEx! After months of waiting (since like midsummer when I bought the card), I'm so happy that the option is finally available (and even happier that it's sitting here on my desk in front of me).
      Hopefully I'll get a chance to install it tonight.

Thank you Matrox, for finally putting this piece of hardware out. I thought that it may fade into vapourware status, but you came through for us!

And while the RR Upgrade can't be installed on it, at least I now have dual-head output.
      This should be great for watching movies on my larger TV screen and playing Q3A on it!

Looks like the module is now available (i'm in Canada, and Matrox's HQ is like a 2 hour drive from here), so order it from their online store, and get yours asap!

Comment

Rainbow Runner G-Series works with G400 SH, but only as TV card. On G400 SH board is only one connector (of two) needed to connect RRG. But this only one connector suffice to receive TV signal. You cannot capture.

It is my own experience.

Comment

Working...
        X