How to install OpenGL IDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install OpenGL IDC

I have Mechanical Desktop 4 and 3D Studio Viz installed on my system. Is anyone using OpenGL IDC with these programs, if so, are there any problems. Where do I find this driver and how do I install it. Thanks, Designer

I havent used those programs, but the ICD is a full icd so it should work. Just go to www.matrox.com and download the drivers for your card (G200/G400 only for ICD). Get 5.30-5.41. 5.50 is a beta and is buggier than the usual beta's so don't bother. But get the 5.5 drivers when they iron out the bugs as the ICD is faster. Also when you are at matrox website,grab the uninstaller and run it before you install the Powerdesk drivers(the driverset and ICD etc.) Also, get DirectX7.0 and install it. I am only saying this as you probably aren't a gamer so you might not have this. The uninstaller does'nt have much docs with it so you need to let windows reboot and install your video card as a plain vga card. Then you can install Powerdesk. Then DirectX7 . You should have no probs, but if you do, you can always get alot of help here.

Good luck

------------------
    AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Bohrn, thanks for the reply. I have the 4.51 drive and Direct7 installed on my system and everything is stable. I have a G400 32mb DH video card installed. Do I have to do anything special to invoke the opengl driver; execpt maybe select the opengl driver in each program? I do have Falcon 4.0 flight simulator installed on a different HD. Call sign Firefighter. Thanks Designer

Comment

Nope. just choose OpenGL as the option in whatever program you want to use it with. When you installed the drivers, you installed the ICD. Nothin to it
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

3D Studio Max has a startup option which allows you to select the video driver to use. It usually defaults to Heidi drivers and if you installed 3DS Max before the G400 then it's probably still running with the Heidi drivers.

Create a shortcut to the 3DS exe file and add '-H' onto the end as a parameter. Like

C:\Graphics\3DS Max\3DSMAX.EXE -H

I'm assuming that this is the same for VIZ as it is for the normal 3DS Max - if not then do the alternative...

Alternatively select the preferences page from the File Menu and change the graphic driver from there.

Hope this works Ok.
          BTW 3DS and VIZ are notorioulsy unstable in Win98 and even worse if using the OpenGL ICD.
          Warning: Sigs may seriously damage your health...

Comment

Hi Designer,

are you really using PD4.51 or is that a typo ???

5.41 should be the PowerDesk to get !

------------------
            Maggi

... sigh ... my third account in this BBS ...

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hi Maggi the III,
              White guys can jump, designers can't type. I am using PD5.41. Does PD5.41 need DirectX7 to work properly? Both 3DS viz and MDT4 are stable in WIN98SE, so far. However, I will be switching to WIN 2000 Pro when it is proven to be stable. I have a "twin computer" (play around computer)where I try all these new drivers and programs before I load them on my work computer. How do I add all these face icons? Thanks, Designer

Comment

Working...
              X