Windows 2000 drivers for Max 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 drivers for Max 400

Does anyone know when Matrox will have drivers that work with the RTM of Win2000. The current driver crashs the machine if any direct draw or direct 3d command is attempted with hardware acceleration on. I have notified Matrox of these and other bugs but have received no response.

What are you referring to when you say directdraw or d3d? Are you using a DX SDK to do programming of your own?

D3D and DDraw work fine for me in regular apps, albeit slightly slower than in Win98...Okay, a bit more than slightly. But hey, it's still a BETA.

I regards to your question of when, I wouldn't expect to see the drivers until closer to Feb17th., and maybe even a bit latter.

Larry

Comment

Those 5.00.00000000.000.000000007 drivers are causing screen corruption and crashes too on my G200, even in 2D. Stangly enough, there are pretty decent drivers for the G200 on the Win2K CD. Since the G400 is much like the G200, I wonder why there're no G400 drivers on that CD...

Comment

If I keep hardware acceration at it's full setting, DXDIAGS direct draw or direct 3d tests crash the computer. In addition I am getting intermitant ghosting on my LCD monitor and an occasional crash in 2d. Matrox tech support blamed it all on the Beta driver back in December. They said that MS had changed some things. Now that I'm running RTM I would like to see some progress towards a production driver.

Comment

Works fine here harrisl. I have full accel. on and just ran through the directdraw, direct3d, and directplay and all worked flawless. Are you running a legit ver. of w2k rtm , or some bastard warez version? What are your system specs?
          Asus K7V
          Athlon 700
          128mb PC133 HSDRAM
          Matrox Millennium g400max
          Adaptec 2940U2W
          IBM 9gb U2W
          Plextor 8/20 cdr
          Diamond MX300
          3com 905b-tx

Comment

It doesn't make any difference where you got the version of Win2K from.

I am running a version of Win2K RTM, which actually is just a trial version (with timebomb), which has been patched. I run a G400 with it, and the beta 5.00.007 drivers. There sometimes is some slight 2D corruption (in the taskbar, when you enable some kind of popup-menu, like the one in Serve-U). OpenGL also isn't really perfect. It runs Quake 2, but it is terribly slow, and al kind of weird texture glitches appear. At Direct3D however, it is flawless! I can run 3DMark 2000 perfectly, and even Unreal Tournament works fine.

Comment

Using the matrox beta on win2k 5.00.2195 (final to my knowledge) It works fine, unreal tournament runs in d3d mode, so does quake3, get an error running tr4, it even won't allow me into the options screen. So don't know if that is g400 releated. I only can't figure out why microsoft didn't let win2k support 2 different resoluted monitors (like in w98) Now I can't use my 19" monitor next to my 14" low res one.

So till now í've had nothing but positive experiences with win2k and matrox beta drivers.

Comment

I am running on a Dell 410 dual 450. I wonder if the problems are limited to SMP

Comment

Harris,

It's possible. The one configuration I haven't run yet is G400+SMP, since my SMP board is an LX and its' AGP slot is a little wacky.

Anyone else want to comment? SMP+Win2k+G400beta?

- Gurm

------------------
                  Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah I heard a few bad stories about this combination. I don't think the beta drivers are up to it yet.
                    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Your OpenGL results will vary, but as a previous poster said - D3D is close to perfect, as is DirectDraw.

If you are having problems with Win2k and the beta drivers, and I'll say this again slowly so you get it...

It's

Your

Machine

Not

The

Matrox

Drivers

DUH.

- Gurm

------------------
                      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                      X