Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABIT BE6 and Marvel G400 woes-- also how to overclock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABIT BE6 and Marvel G400 woes-- also how to overclock?

hi
    I just got my BE6 Motherboard
    and im having probs playing back mjpegs. ive a feeling that its a bios/irq prob as i had no trouble before on my Jetway board with the via chipset.

i posted about the playback prob in the desktop forum, but thought id mention it here as well. I am totally unfamilar with the BE6 bios, there are so many options im sure that setting one correctly will help ( i hope) anyhow overclocking..

before on my via chipset board i could overclock my P3 450 to 504 no prob ay higher and my SCSI card wouldnt initialise
    but when i try and overclock using softmenu 2 now on my BE6, it wont boot any higher then 464. i go into cpu user define and then set the multiplier to 4.5 and the mghx thing to 112 or even 110 and then i get a blank screen on bootup and have to do the old hold down INSERT key to restore default values.. anyhow help out with settings, ect??
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Hi CMB, heres what the Soft menu portion should look like.

!!CPU SOFT MENU II!!
    CPU Name is : Pentium III mmx
    CPU Operating speed : user define
    -Ext. Clock(PCI) : 112 (1/3)
    -Multiplier Factor : 4.5
    -SEL100/66# Signal : High
    -AGPCLK/CPUCLK : 2/3
    -L2 Cache Latency : 8 (is default)
    -Speed Error Hold : Disable

CPU Power Supply : user define
    -Core Voltage : start at 2.0 and increase if it won't boot.

And here is a blank copy (.txt file)for keeping record of your settings.

home.att.net/~albpm2/be6bios.txt

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
    X