Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max And TV

Anyone can advise the followings : -

Present my desktop is in the bedroom , if I want to connect the card to TV , can I just bring the computer to the living room and connect-up to the second connector and boot-up ? Do I need to bring out my monitor and connect into the first connector to make it work ?

As far as I know, you need to bring the monitor down with you. If you have the cable length, you can just run it down to the T.V. and leave your comp where it is. I think you cannot have a T.V. as the main display (correct me if I'm wrong) so you will not be able to simply plug it into the primary display. Possibly though, you could enable dual head (with the extended desktop)in the bedroom and move all the icons over to what would be the second monitor and then bring it downstairs???

I only tried DH once, so that's as good an explanation as I can give you... Hope it helps.

BTW, if I'm wrong, someone please correct me so I can do this too....
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Heh-heh. The original drivers disk that came with my Max included some DOS utilities, one of which flashes the BIOS to enable the use of only a TV as a primary display (no monitor connected). Mine is now set up to allow this, although I haven't had the time or the necessary length of video cable to test it.

------------------
      Ace
      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600
      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

ahhhh, very cool. I will have to try that sometime. Thanks for clarifying Ace.
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I have a G400 hooked up to a RPTV via the secondary s-video out. System boots fine without a primary monitor attached. I have the card set to dualhead cone. I do not see any bios/dos screens while the system is booting - secondary display comes alive when it gets to Win 98SE. Also I am using a USB hub/keyboard so that I can sit approx 15' from the RPTV on the couch with keyboard and mouse

Comment

Working...
          X