This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox not so good anymore ?

Ok im new to this site..but not to Matrox.

Ive been a Mystique fan all my gaming life.. Started with the Mystique 4mb pci 170 MHz card, and loved it !

Better games wanted better cards..so i got my self a Mystique G200 8mb AGP card.
    Only problem i ever had was the flames out of the guns in Jedi Night 2 Dark Forces.. But my V1 and later V2 SLI is a good gaming combo and stepped in whenever the Mystique got probs..

Latest thing i did was to buy another 8mb of ram and i have never been so happy with any of the HW i have had as i am with the Mystique G200.
    People complains about the 3D performance of the card, but with my combo of V2 SLI i never had any.

Soo TNT2 Ultra and V3 hits the streets.. no prob..G200\V2 SLI combo still works greate..not the best but good enough to play games in singelplayer and online.

Then it all turns.. G400 wooowww
    but hey..whats this..no Mystique ???
    Uhh ohh well Millennium always was seen upon as the big brother..so ok..no more Mystique then

Ill get this baby ..hmm not yet ?
    uhh 3 months now.. what is this ?
    Ok i live in Norway, not the senter of the world when it comes to new pc stuff..but hei!

..well im not angry anymore.. still waiting..

LOL Ge Force 256 arrives first haha this is fun.

But Matrox is the better looking, and a killer 2D card.. so i hold my horses..for now..

ohh my God !! its here !! yehaah..
    skip work and run this baby ... hehe

checking FAQ for probs..ok uninstall utillity for my old G200 drivers.. insert

and its on ! we have a winner.. or ?

Expendable wont work.. well ill check that out later.. uhh whats up with the Tech-Demo ?
    only 640x480x16 ? no 32bit no 800x600 and up ? no nothing ?
    Guess its time for some more FAQ reading now..

------
    And i have. FAQ, Forums, Drivers, Patches, Hacks the works..
    Tech-Demo aint working as it should with a state of the art high tech Matrox product.
    Tell me its only me..
    AGP aint working only 1x..
    Expendable aint working at all, even Rage\Matrox dont know why..
    Every time i update the PD something gets better and something gets worse..
    Most new games "hate" my G400MAX.. ive damn happy i have my good old V2 SLI to fall back on..

Not all is bad..I82, Delta Force1 and Rainbow Six 2 runns like the devil is in theyr tail..and at high res too

BUT i would like to get my good "old" Mystique quality back, cuz it seems like the Millennium was a big step back for Matrox. Didnt know any Card could get this crapy.. well S3 Trio was in the good old days..

So whats my options ? wait for patch, PD6, buy a TNT2Ultra or reinstall the G200 ?

ok..now im angry again...

---------
    Win95b (lol i forgot to put this in ..)
    P3 550MHz (no o\c)
    352MB PC100 SDRAM
    Matrox Millennium G400MAX 32MB Dual Head AGP 2x\4x (got the 4A) (no o\c)
    Aopen AX6B mobo
    Aopen 40x CD-rom
    22GB HDD 7200rmp
    18GB HDD 7200rmp
    6.5GB HDD 5400rmp
    21" Panasonic S110 Monitor
    SB LIVE!
    SB AWE64
    ISDN Card
    Diamond Monster 3D II 8MB SLI
    Cambridge Soundworks sourround system..
    Panasonic HI-FI Mini system for my Headphones
    Microsoft Intelli mouse w\ wheel
    Sidewinder 3D Pro
    Sidewinder Force Feedback
    Cannon BJC4200 Printer
    +
    newest bios for mobo and cards
    lates drivers for all cards and progs
    all the patches for my progs
    Setup in bios has been tested in every position i can think off..and some more..

Whatever i do.. every time i reboot the pc..tech-Demo is only a 640x480x16 toy..
    Expendable wont start (lowram\nocputest++)
    and AGP is only 1X.. (reg hack, tweek tools)

Now.. the Turbo ICD..is not working with a V2 SLI combo (manual).. so thats the only thing ive not tryed yet..

Is there still hope ?
    Will G400max rule my world ?

(sorry for bad spelling, and for the long post..but i just had to let off some steam..)

------------------
    Delta Force all the way !

[This message has been edited by noclan_member (edited 12 January 2000).]
    Delta Force all the way !

You have to upgrade your mouse pad, it's conflicting with the card.

Or you could try reinstalling windows...

Comment

As you are new here, I will be nice and explain to you that this is not the forum for rants and raves. This forum is for Matrox Hardware issues and questions.

Rants, raves, complaints, "letting off steam", and general off-topic stuff goes to the Soap Box forum, which is where you will find this thread relocated to...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X