New drivers are available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drivers are available!

I've just downloaded the new betadrivers from Matrox website this is what the they say what the new drivers do
    "- Supports Millennium G400 only.
    - This driver is a BETA version and requires DirectX 7.
    - Fixes corruption in 3D WinBench 2000 & 3DMark 2000.
    I cannot believe that this is all what the new driver do??

------------------
    Celeron 300A@450
    Asus P2B, G400 DH 4A 32MB SG-Ram oc@150\200 256 MB Cas2 PC100

PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

The 550 package does contain driver files for G200's but the install.inf has all G200 identifying infos ripped out. And the readme.txt has a note for Tribes texture corruption in OGL. Woohoo

But, has any G200 owner yet tried installing those 550 G200 files with 541 (or 530) install.inf? I could do it, but if someone has already hosed his system with those 550 drivers, I think it's not worth the effort.

.Tumu

------------------
    Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.3),
    64MB PC100 RAM, G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a fan, bios v2.6),
    PD5.41, SB16 Value, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win95OSR2.1 finnish

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
    64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win98 finnish

Comment

This is the link for those who don't vist the Matrox site regularly:
      http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/files/w9x_550.htm

Comment

These are the drivers that were being completely rebuilt for DirectX7 apparently.

Comment

Nice ones... But why do they crash my 3DMark2K on the High-Detail Helicopter tour, when I use all tours? (3x Helicopter, 3x Adventure).

It ran fine with 1024x768x32, 32, Tripple buffer on the High-detail tour only.

I rebooted, then tried the whole tour and it hung on the High-detailed section.
          Rebooted and tried again and again it hung at the High-detailed section.

Okay... Might be my PC

Jorden.
          ------------
          P3-450 (no OC)
          Asus P2B (1011)
          G400 DH 32Mb (OC'ed 120.1% with Matrox Tweak Utility)
          256 Mb RAM
          10.8 Gb Japanese drive
          Asus 50x CD-ROM
          Win98
          DX 7.0
          ------------
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

J,

I had that happen as well, high detail/helicopters. I just reinstalled Windows so I know that my machine doesn't have any abnormal software issues. (Had too many MS patches installed in fear of Y2K, had to cut back by reinstalling Windows, they were arguing amongst themselves.) Can't say I noticed any speed difference for the better with these, bit slower actually. DX7 3D-Now! mode especially is slower than AMD mode now, which is quite a lot of slowdown and not good, 5.4 is faster in DX7 mode here. BETA is BETA I guess.

What I wonder about is why the beta driver was made available, I mean isn't that why we have the slaves, er, I mean beta boys for?
            Is it a change in policy?

Comment

Since they publically acknowledge that it fixes benchmarking stuff, I would think that the bafoons are at it again

SwAmPy

Comment

Working...
              X