Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig - NT4 PD install help please.

Hi Martin,

look in the "process" tab when you ctl-alt-del. There might be something that's running in there which our drivers are interpreting it as a windows dialogue box.

Haig

Haig - NT4 PD install help please.

Also see thread http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/007146.html - didn't go anywhere so...

Trying to install PD 4.34 in WinNT4 Workstation with SP 5 I get the error message "Please close all Windows and Dialog boxes". Using Task Manager there doesn't appear to be any processes running other than the usual NT OS tasks. I've killed the NAV2000 virus checker and webwasher (net util)

Can you tell me what the install process looks for in terms of an 'open window or Dialogue' so I can maybe work out what the problem is.

In addition it seems that the install process removes MGACTRL.DLL prior to giving this error message as now when I boot I get an error stating that MGACTRL.DLL cannot be found. Is there any way I can proceed with install without going through setup.com ?

BTW. This problem first appeared when trying 4.34 over 4.31. Now 4.31 also gives same error. I've not been using NT4 for long so can you advise.

Ta.
    Warning: Sigs may seriously damage your health...

Comment

Working...
    X