Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ant comments on G400+win2k driver.

RE:

And on the subject of DualHead I was a little disappointed with the Matrox Windows 2000 beta driver as it only sees the multi-display as a single desktop not allowing independent adjustment of resolution and colour depths for each monitor, both are fixed at the same resolution as in Windows NT4. Unfortunately this is down to the Windows 2000 architecture and not due to the Matrox driver so there is, it seems, no chance of this being fixed in the next release, that is unless Microsoft decide to do something about it.

----

Is Ant confused or I? I have used windows 2k and multi-monitor support is identical to windows 98. Ant seems to be blaming the lack of independent display on Microsoft.. but I think it's MATROX not Microsoft fault. I have a MM1 and a TNT running independent monitor under 2k with no problem.. since then I have upgraded to G400.. and was dismay to see that matrox did nothing more the HACK the NT4 driver.. to get Multi(dual, not independent) monitor supports in 2k. Windows 2000 has the architecture to support multiple monitors just like win98.

Who is to blame M$ or Matrox?
    What about the next driver version?

There seem to be problems in both quarters really, the core problem being that Win2000 not detecting two different monitors in the device manager, however, WinNT drivers at least could address the two different monitors to the extent of freqency changes if not independant resolutions. We shall have to await the next release of the driver for the next updates eh?

Comment

Working...
    X