Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video capture software and marvel g400tv

Once again, I'm lost.

My present problems with marvel not able to detect BOB have been solved, but now I have the real problem. What software to use for grabing videos? I tried Adobe Premiere 5.0 (probably without any plugins I might need since I don't know where to get them) and it very nasty freezes when I try to capture as a Matrox MJPEG.

I tried also Ulead video studio 2 and when i try to run Video Capture it crashes after a few second it does something with hdd. I'm using win98, maybe that is a problem. I don't know where to get ulead videocapture 3, however.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help on how to grab video, what resolutions to use etc. I'm interested in making videocds, so it's not like 50x20 in 256 colors. :-)

thanks for any cooperation.
    M.Vicena
    vicky@ultranet.sk

I capture using PC-VCR and then use the clips within Premiere. It took a while to get even this working, but it's great now.

Only problem now is intermittent ability to "Print to video" direct from Premiere (too jerky). Again, workaround is to create AVI and output via PC-VCR.

Workarounds are worth it for extra functionality over Avid Cinema!

Comment

Actually the best solution is to use AVI_IO to capture and play back. It does seamless serial captures and can play back a list of clips seamlessly as well.

http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/index.html

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

drmorbid> where to get full version of it? :-)
        M.Vicena
        vicky@ultranet.sk

Comment

Markus Zingg, AVI_IO's creator, sells it through this VeriSign secured site:

http://www.shareit.com/programs/103521.htm

and this is the order form:

https://secure.element5.com/register.htm l?productid=103521&ver=1&resellerid=&sessionid=104 2042&random=93b2de299b248a4f1a111aea6670b6c5

Download the demo from the first site and when you pay the registration key will be sent to you by E-Mail.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 24 December 1999).]

Comment

I tried VirtualDub but i refuses grab audio for me. I grabes only video. It is cool program, but without grabbing audio is it useless.
            M.Vicena
            vicky@ultranet.sk

Comment

Well, i have grabbed a few minutes and i'm getting very few dropped
              frames. however, when i do encoding with lsx or panasonic encoder,
              sometimes I get black and white parts of the movie. Maybe it is caused
              by those dropped frames od i don't have something set up correctly in
              the encoder.

If you experienced such problem, please let me know the solution.

thank you.

------------------
              M.Vicena
              vicky@ultranet.sk
              M.Vicena
              vicky@ultranet.sk

Comment

The AVI_IO can't support Marverl G400-TV ?
                R'one

Comment

If so that'll be news to my Marvel G400-TV systems. I've been using AVI_IO for 90% of my captures on those for many months.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

rone> yes it can, but I can't register it from slovakia, so it is useless for me to use crippled version.

------------------
                    M.Vicena
                    vicky@ultranet.sk
                    M.Vicena
                    vicky@ultranet.sk

Comment

Listen Marian,

PC-VCR does a good job at capturing too and it's free

AV_IO is a great little capture package but it costs you.

I use PC-VCR all the time to capture without problems, I would say go for it

Regards,
                      Elie

Comment

I tried avi_io and it is great. however, it does only 2gb files and only three of them in one capture in trial version. That is great stuff, and I like it a lot..

after my previous problems with matrox mjpeg codec and replacing it by new one, I believe all the available software will suit my needs.

------------------
                        M.Vicena
                        vicky@ultranet.sk
                        M.Vicena
                        vicky@ultranet.sk

Comment

Working...
                        X