RAB, KRUZIN and others who have helped me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAB, KRUZIN and others who have helped me

Ok, I've been having troubles with my MAX ever since I got it. I just had the opportunitie to take it to my friends computer and see if it works. He has an FIC SD-11 with a 600 Mhz Athlon (running win 2000). After about half an hour, it STILL froze... When I took the card out, I almost burned my hands. Can it be that the fan is blowing the wrong way and causing crashes (I don't know if this is possible) or I just have a defective card? Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

I'm getting very frustrated reinstalling everything and all that crap. Would you suggest trying to get a replacement card maybe or waiting for one of the next gen cards? Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 11 January 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 11 January 2000).]
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

It's possible the card is bad.
    It's also possible there where issues with the way your freinds system was set up (conflicting video drivers. etc).

The fan should not run backwards...unless it's mounted backwards. I should be blowing AT the heatsink.

If you feel the card is bad, RMA it for a replacement. Why wait, seeing as nobody knows any hard facts about when the "next" card will be out. You could be waiting a while if you go that route...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Unless you unistalled your friends own video drivers and used the Matrox win 2000 drivers, that was probably not a valid test. But, it does seem like we have tried everything over the past two months, doesn't it. I've got a vanilla G400 and it runs hot enough that I can't keep my finger on the heat sink for very long. But even if your MAX is normally that hot, the fact that you haven't gotten it working in this time means it might be time to get an RMA, send it back to where it came from and get a replacement. (Matrox, I assume, since you can't get MAX's elsewhere.) I hope you still have an old card lying around to use until the new G400 arrives.

RAB
      AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Yeah, Rab, I have a G100... That's going t obe a nice downgrade, eh? Ok, thanks for the advice.
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Hey, I beat Riven and Zork Grand Inquisitor on an HP 486 with an ancient S3 integrated video chip that skipped more frames than it played. If I can beat those games on that system, you can live with a G100 for a while.

RAB
          AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
          X