• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT4 - PD install problems (g200)

G200 Mystique
    NT4 SP5
    PD 4.31/4.34

I'm currently running PD 4.31 which originally installed fine. Trying to update to 4.34 by just running setup (no uninstall first) gave error message "Please close all Windows and Dialog boxes" with just OK button. Using Task manager to check there are no other applications running and just the usual NT processes (rasman etc). No matter what processes I closed using TaskMan I can't get past this error. Had to use TaskMan to end task and abort install.

On next boot I got error saying cannot access MGACTRL.DLL - which no longer exists.

Tried re-installing 4.31 which now also gives me the "close all windows and dialog" message.

Any ideas please.

What files being open are causing this problem - what does the install look for ?

And as an aside - why Matrox, do you seem to delete MGACTRL.DLL before doing all the checks which may halt the install. You'd have thought that the 'close all windows' check would have been placed before any file deletes, especially when it leaves a state which may be un-recoverable by only having an OK response

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by MartinS (edited 10 January 2000).]
    Warning: Sigs may seriously damage your health...

Still no Joy with this. I've tried stopping virtually all the process I can think of and can't get the install past this error.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is completely removing NAV2000 virus checker. Has anyone managed an NT4 PD install with NAV2000 on their system (I've tried stopping it, but there may still be something in memory which is being detected by the install). If someone has NAV2000 in NT4 would they be kind enough to try a re-install of PD4.31/34 and see if it works plz.

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention - It's NT4 Workstation and I only have an administrator account. Didn't see the point in creating any more accounts as it's only me using it.

Comment

Working...
      X