G400 16M Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 16M Problem

I have a G400 with 16MB and it has problem running 3D mark 99. Computer crushes at the second game while it's loading texture rendering. It runs ok when it's in 32bit color; but not in 16bit. I already have the most recent driver (4.11) with TurboGL.
    Any idea??
    Thanx

System specs, please.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Athlon 500@550
      G400 16MB
      PC100 128MB
      Maxtor 13G
      Afreey 50X
      SB PCI64
      250W PS

Comment

There's a couple things to check out.

1 Make sure that you have the latest patches for your athlon. Should be on the CD that came with the Mother Board. Or check www.viatech.com

2 Double check AMD's web site to make Sure that your Power supply is an AMD certified Power supply. If it is not many, many problems can arise.

3 You probably do have the latest Drivers but double check (4.11) is a generic number that is on all the drivers. Be sure that you removed the previous drivers first with the Uninstaller then installed the Latest.
        Life is what you make it. Boy did I make it suck!!

Comment

There's a couple things to check out.

1 Make sure that you have the latest patches for your athlon. Should be on the CD that came with the Mother Board. Or check www.viatech.com

2 Double check AMD's web site to make Sure that your Power supply is an AMD certified Power supply. If it is not many, many problems can arise.

3 You probably do have the latest Drivers but double check (4.11) is a generic number that is on all the drivers. Be sure that you removed the previous drivers first with the Uninstaller then installed the Latest.
          Life is what you make it. Boy did I make it suck!!

Comment

Working...
          X