Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 DH TVout cable

Finally i received a matrox G400 32 MB DH bulk;
    installation no problem and de Dual Head functions perfect with a second monitor.
    Till the point I wanted to connect my TV;
    since it is a bulk version, there was no cable, so i made one myself: connected pin 1 and 2 directly to pin 3 and 4 of a S-video plug of my TV-Card (Siemens MBX) but i get nothing better than a scrambled bl/white signal, no synchro. Also pin 4 with a composite video connected directly to the video in of a VR has nothing interesting.
    What do i wrong ? Is there something more in the TV cable ? or do i use wrong pin outs ?

Sorry for my bad englisch, hope you do understand me

Thanx

All Dualheads, OEM or Retail are SUPPOSED to come with that cable. Get on whoever sold it to you, and DEMAND they give you one.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanx Kruzin for reply,
      i've contacted my dealer but he never had TV-Cables for OEM versions, has to contact his import dealer.
      Meanwhile does someome know if in that cable there is more than just direct leads ? Just pin to pin connections ?

Thanx

Comment

I bought a DH 32 meg OEM G400 a couple weeks ago and it came with the cable. You're getting ripped if your dealer won't cough one up.

Comment

I remember there being a thread about this earlier, but it wasn't something I had a particular interest in.
          There IS more to it than that. There's a circuit in the little nub of the TV-out connector that tells the G400 that it's outputting to a TV.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi ICR!
            It is true that all the DH boards comes with the tv out cable included, but I don't agree with Wombat when he's telling you that inside the DB15 HD connector on the G400 side(secondary monitor output) is some sort of IC's. No, inside the connector is only a simple strap between pins 12 and 15 wich tells to the VGA board that the secondary monitor is a TV one.
            Furthermore, in case you didn't receive not even the CD-ROM(where you can check on Uni_cd_51b/Doc/English/Guide/Guide_en.pdf-page41)here you have the pinout of the secondary display:
            1.Red/Ysignal for S-video
            2.Green/Csignal for S-video
            3.Blue
            4.Composite video
            5-8,10.GND

I hope that you will get nice TV pictures&DVD movies now on!

-----------------
            My system:

Dual Celery 366 at 550MHz
            Epox KP6-BS mobo+MSI slot converters
            G400DH-oem at 170/190
            256MB SDRAM PC100
            SB Live! Value-oem
            FlashPoint UW SCSI controller
            Seagate Cheetah 9.1GB U2W hdd
            Quantum Fireball EX 5.1GB UDMA hdd
            Creative 5240-E1 DVD-ROM(firmware 1.30)
            Genius GF100TX NIC
            Philips Brilliance 17B monitor

Comment

Thanks bogie,
              I didn't know what kind of connection it was, but that's the circuit I was referring to.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanx to all for reply, and indeed i have overseen that a strap must be set between pin 12 and 15.
                So very hopefully i made the connection but without result: there seems to an image but it is in bl/wh and not synchronized at all.
                I wait for the answer of my dealer who sold me the card with the hope to have a real cable.
                CU all

Comment

Working...
                X