Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualhead & 2nd Monitor connector question

Ok here's the plan.

I am going to be using an old P200 I have as a Linux router/play around box.

On my main system (W98 SE) I currently just use the 2nd output just to my TV for DVDs.
    I would like to use the monitor from the Linux box as a 2nd monitor on the W98 computer when I'm not using it on the Linux one.

Now here's the question.

Will I have to reboot everytime I want to watch a movie or switch back to dualhead?

If I get a monitor switch thingy (I think thats the technical term, right ) will it make any difference?

I won't be getting the Linux box back from where it is til next week at the earliest so no real rush.

Any questions, comments, querys, rude remarks, obsecene gestures will be welcomed.

Well maybe not the last 2 unless this was already discussed. And if it was please send me in the right direction.

Falken

------------------
    Win98 SE w/DirectX 7
    P2 333@400
    ASUS P2B Bios 1010
    Mill G400 PD5.30
    Bios 1.5
    SB PCI64 4.5
    Pioneer 10X DVD 1.24

To switch between using the 2nd output in TV mode to graphics mode, you must reboot - there is no shortcut. The display driver checks the TV adapter cable presence only during the bootup sequence - changing the cable during use can be harmful to the attached monitor / TV.

Phoenix

Comment

Thats what i thought.

Thanks
      Falken

Comment

Working...
      X