Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aladdin chipset v G100 MMS

Guys 'n Gals

Newbie as i am to this forum, please excuse this issue, if its already been aired. My problem is surrounding the g100 MMS, and my new motherboard - the board is a BMC/GVS/TERRA 7 Supersocket 7 board with the ali 1542 chipset - Running NT every time i have attempted to install the relevent drivers, the install appears to have h/1ïworked following a reboot - the adaptor appears to default to the standard vga adaptor. Multiple failures to do this led me to download the current (and latest) driver from the Matroxusers site. When i installed the new driver, the pc restarts but following the initial NT blue screen which initialises the drivers, and before the login screen should appear, the screen clears completely, and shows a plain blue screen. (NOT A BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH : AKA BSOD) The machine then hangs there - multiple attempts at restoring / repairing the NT install have failed, and even VGA mode shows the same problem.
    In order to get NT back, requires a full re-install. HELP!!
    I am running the following:

BMC/GVC/Terra 7 Ali M1542/M1543 Alladin V Chipset.
    Intel Pentium 200 mmx
    1x128mb PC100
    1x32mb PC100 (i think!)
    2xFujitsu 2gb HDD
    1xMatrox g100 MMS
    1xCrystal Audio 16 S/card

Any Idea's Would be much appreciatted....

cheers
    Desperate Dan...

Under NT you need:

Service Pack 4
    Your specific AGP drivers
    Prayer

In that order.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm -
      sorry, forgot to mention - i am using NT4 SP4, and also the card is a pci card, i am not using the AGP slot....
      any idea's?

Comment

I had similar problems installing a Viper 330 PCI, although I didn't get a plain blue screen lockup. Apparently, it stemmed from not uninstalling my previous video drivers before installing the Diamond drivers. Setting to plain vanilla VGA then installing the drivers worked just fine. If you have already reinstalled and it's still doing it..dunno. Perhaps a ritual sacrifice of an S3 board would help?
        Just an aside, when using any Super 7 board, always make sure your have the latest BIOS revision. I doubt they will ever fix all the problems with SS7, but every little bit helps

------------------
        --My Stuff
        Cel266@448,Asus P2B 1009 bios,128MB,16MB G400,Quantum Obsidian,Panasonic 17" S70,MX300,Fujitsu 5.25GB,Dlink 530CT+, 1 grey Cat, 1 orange Cat

Games Box
        --------------
        Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
        ------
        Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
        -------------
        Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Hi all - since my last post, i put away my matrox board and returned to my s3 board, which served me graciously untill last week - now i returned to that Matrox board... and guess what? its doing it again!!! - i was hoping someone could point out if there are any gotcha's with this board - i managed to get past the previous BSOD - but now, the video tools dont recognise the board as having a tv tuner and every now and then the display just switches off !! =please help!!!!
          steelo

Comment

Working...
          X