No announcement yet.

G400Max: Screensavers on two Monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max: Screensavers on two Monitors?

Hi guys!

.... I've got a question about how to set up screen savers when running the G400 Max DH in Dual-Head modus.
    When I set up a screen saver in PowerDesk, I only get the primary monitor to show the saver after a while - but never the second monitor...

... what I would like to do, for instance, is to have a screen saver on my secondary monitor, when I only use the primary one over an extended period of time (e.g., the 2nd could show nice pictures, when it's not used).... how can I do that?... I only get it the other way around - so, the primary shows screen saver when I work on the secondary one...

... I reckon it is not that difficult, but where is the "hidden button"?... can u help?

cheerio,

Jack

------------------
    [GAS]Jack
    [GAS]Jack

Screen savers have to be specifically written to support multi-monitor. Some screen savers have appeared which work on multiple monitors - but they are few. If I remember well, the latest version of organic arts works OK on multiple monitors.

The fact that you can work on the secondary monitor while a screen saver is running on the primary is simply a side-effect of a non-multimon screen saver - this is not a feature that you will find in any multimon-capable screen saver. The screen saver is system-wide state, not something specific to a particular monitor. You can then understand that you will never be able to get the screen saver to kick-in on the second monitor while you work on the primary monitor.

Phoenix

Comment

just came back - been on holiday... thanks for the note... hmmm.... really unfortunate that the "screensaver business" turns out to be a bit of a pain.. maybe win2000 can deal with this sort of thing?... who knows...

Jack

------------------
      [GAS]Jack
      [GAS]Jack

Comment

Working...
      X