Problems with assigning an IRQ to Marvel G400 in Win2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with assigning an IRQ to Marvel G400 in Win2000

To answer your original question look for a "Assign IRQ to VGA" in BIOS and enable it. I am not sure where you would find this on a MS6167 -- perhaps some fellow MS6167 users can help you out there...

Also, make sure your G400 has an IRQ higher than 9, of course that is probably why you want to do this in the first place.

Rahul

------------------
    Abit BP6, Dual Celeron 366@550, G400 32MB DualHead, 128MB RAM, WD26500 6.4GB, SBLive! Value.
    Running Mandrake 6.1 and Windows 98SE.

Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
    Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

redmerc, this may or may not apply to your situation. If Win2000 detects an ACPI compliant system, it will install ACPI HAL and put most of your devices on same IRQ. Go into your device manager and see if ACPI HAL is installed.

In my case, it put SCSI chipset, LAN chipset, USB, G400 and SB Live on same IRQ. This defies my MB architecture and IRQ's won't reassign even when forced in BIOS. Surprisingly everything works except when I try Quake II.

I am told, but have not tried this, that during setup you hit F5 when you see the prompt to hit F6 and select Standard PC. This is suppose to put IRQ control of devices back into your MB BIOS.

I was also told that MS does not recommend changing from ACPI to Standard PC in device manager. Been too busy to attempt this, and fellow MURC'ers, if I am incorrect feel free to enlighten me.

------------------
    P III 500 @ 560 via 112 FSB* ASUS P2B-LS w/1011 BIOS* 256 MB ECC RAM, ECC Enabled* Seagate 9 GB LVD Cheetah* Seagate 9 GB UW Barracuda* Maxtor DiamondMax 10 GB IDE* Plextor Ultraplex 32 X* Plexwriter 8/2/20 RW* Hitachi GD 2000 IDE DVD CD ROM* SCSI ZIP Insider* G400 MAX, 5.41 drivers, DX 7* SB Live, Liveware 3.0* Sigma Hollywood + DVD decoder* 3Com Courier V. Everything* Sony GDM400PS* Soundworks 5.1* SCSI, LAN & USB enabled* SB Live shares IRQ w/MAX, bus mastering enabled, Win98 SE, NT 4.0 SP4, and Win 2000*

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

Comment

Problems with assigning an IRQ to Marvel G400 in Win2000

ok this one is very frustrating. I have an Athlon 750 w/ MS6167 I think Award BIOS but i'm not sure. either way, I am running Win2000 final. And the video card installs ok (I don't get a powerdesk folder for some reason) and the video tools did as well. but when i try setting up connections or going into the tv tuner, it tells me to assign an irq to the card, that none is detected. well i went into device manager and it says irq5 is assigned to it. ive tried assigning it in the bios but i wasnt sure how. has anyone else had this problem? please help-my friend needs to do a video soon and this is stalling it.

Comment

There are no beta video tools to work properly in win 20000... you might want to think about reverting to a supported OS if time is an issue for you...

Comment

Working...
        X