Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Via 4n1 (SS7) drivers

http://www.viatech.com/drivers/4in1418a.exe

Fixes some ide problems, maybe my old board would work with my DVD player in UDMA mode with these, don't know, don't care.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

A note about the AGP driver installation using the 4in1 driver. I typically download the individual drivers, but kept getting 404 when trying to DL the AGP 3.59, so being the impatient geek that I am, I went ahead and got the 4in1. I noticed after the install that the viagart.vxd version was "3.3". Curious, I check the unpacked files - there are 2 AGP folders included with the 4in1. The folder "AGP" contains viagart.vxd "3.58" and a reg setting in the viagart.inf file to enable / disable sidebanding. THIS FOLDER IS NOT USED BY THE INSTALL PROGRAM!!!! The other folder, AGP33, is the one the install program uses and contains the older 3.3 viagart.vxd. Using this one, I took a 1% performance hit in 3DMark99 and Quake2 - not much, but no one wants a penalty when they think they are getting an update. I copied the contents of the AGP folder to the AGP33 folder and re-ran the setup. It copied the correct (3.58) driver, but still will not add the registry string to enable / dis

able Sidebanding. To do so, go to the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\VxD\VIAGART" and add a new BINARY value "SideBand" with a value of 01 00 (enabled) or 00 00 (disabled). Thought it would be good to let people know about this little discrepancy.

edit: Disabling SideBanding may cause Windows to fail. If you are experimenting with it and Windows will not load, boot into safemode and use regedit to reenable SideBanding. I'll tell ya right now, it doesn't work on Matrox cards
      ------------------
      I say "Here's a monkey wrench... If you bop me over the head with it long enough I might wake up for a second."

[This message has been edited by anid (edited 05 January 2000).]
      "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

Working...
      X