Win2K/DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K/DVD

Anyone know how to get Cinemaster up and running under Win2K (2195)

The Matrox version wouldn't even install, so I downloaded some files off the net - supposedly win2K cinemaster decoder files, but when I start Cinemaster it will not display the movie - When I hit play, it chekcs the DVD-rom for a second or so - then nothin'

WinDVD2K work though, but I notice that the display on the TV seemed to lag a little sometimes (not NTSC->PAL problem) while it's fine on the monitor !?!?! Is this because of "beta" drivers...?

Yeah, unfortunatley, the engine that Matrox DVD is the Cinemaster 98 engine, which does not support win2k. You can get either windvd2000 or PowerDVD 2.5+ from www.dvdutils.com
    both of which work with Win2k. No DVDMax though..matrox hates win2k....

Comment

enough with this already about matrox hating win2k. Win 2000 is simply an NT 4.0 update, made for professional and not home usage, and futhermore it's beta, so enough with the whining.

Comment

No DVDMax with Win2000? I´m just typing this and at the same time WinDVD2000 is playing Matrix on my TV. Pretty nice beta drivers (not a single crash since updating RC2->2195) I think...

BP6+2xCel366@550/G400 32MB DH/128MB
        Win2k prof build 2195
        Celeron-T 1@1.4GHz, Asus P3B-F, 512MB PC-133, G400 MAX, Promise FastTrak66 Pro, Compaq Netelligent Dual Port NIC, Terratec SixPack 5.1+, Adaptec 29160N, Hauppauge WinTV Nicam FM, IBM Ultrastar 36LZX, 2xIBM 60GXP 40GB RAID 0, Pioneer DVD, Plextor CD, Plextor CD-RW, Zip100, HP DDS-3, Nokia 445Xpro. 8/1 ADSL internet access.

Comment

Maybe this is a silly question, but are any of you people who have gotten Win2k to play DVD's using a SCSI DVD drive? I ask this because I cant get it to work here, but i'm using a TOSH SCSI DVD drive.. works with out a single problem in W98, and worked fine with WinNT 4.0 SP5 and WinDVD 1.2.99.

I'm having the EXACT EXACT same problem with Win2k Cinemaster as Insomnis, but I cant get the win DVD 2k to work...

Comment

oops, sorry... don't know how I missed that one... my answer has been deleted... it was nonesence anyways thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Zwisch, are you not reading people's responses? Prkl just said he has DVDMax working JUST FINE.

- Gurm

P.S. If you think Matrox isn't fond of Win2k, check out 3dfx or nVidia. Tool.

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
              X