SGRAM vs SDRAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGRAM vs SDRAM

I have heard that G400s can be found with both SGRAM and SDRAM.

Is there any easy way for someone to tell the type of ram on the card before purchase ie. serial number of G400 or visually by the mem chips.

------------------
    Steve "Crash" Roberts
    Steve "Crash" Roberts

I have heard that about the G200s, but not the G400s. Maybe I'm just behind the news a bit. Anybody else heard about G400s with SDRAM?

Comment

There are G400s with SD ram. They are the Ultra-cheap OEM models. We don't here about them too much, because there aren't many out there. They mostly end up going to Matrox's big OEM contracts.

To know for sure what you are getting, look at the part number of the card. The last 3 numbers tell you how much/what type of RAM it has (ex: G4+MDHA32G is 32 meg SG RAM)
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin
        Steve "Crash" Roberts

Comment

I have a G400 with SDRAM. Lukily it's damn fast! I checked 2 Cards on a K6-3 450 and the only thing that I can say is that the Fillrate of the G400 SDRAM is actually higher(!) than the Card with SGRAM! But the real numbers are of course a (really) slight bit slower (3dMark 2000 Standard Bench: 1612 3DMARKS with SD and 1667 with SG; Fillrate(!): Single Tex with SD: 224 Mpix, Single Tex with SG 216 Mpix)(Sorry, but I don't have the numbers for Multitexturing anymore).
          I only think that this is very strange, and good for me

Mega

------------------
          K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
          G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

[This message has been edited by MegaManX4 (edited 04 January 2000).]
          K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
          G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

Working...
          X