Windows 2000 and G400 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 and G400 problem

Which is the proper way to install the G400 BETA Windows 2000 driver? After installing the driver I get a black screen after restart when booting into Windows 2000 Build 2195. Any help and suggestions are welcome. I have a FIC VA-503+ mainboard and dualboot with Windows 98. As I said _any_ suggestions are welcome.

/Aleksandar

Yea, I've done the BIOS stuff and the card works under Windows 98. But I can't install the VIA AGP driver in 2000. It only gives me the option to install the IDE Bus Master driver and after installing that my Windows 2000 won't boot anymore.
    God damn crap mainboard...

More help from anyone please !

Comment

This may not be the same problem I had, but...

Try running a DOS shell in full-screen mode then switch back to the desktop.

Something like <Ctrl-Enter> R command <Enter> <Alt-Enter> <Alt-Tab>

You have to do it "blind", but it worked for me. Try running a game with software 3d, if it corrupts the display, you have the same problem I did.

Comment

Drat... It really munged my post. Anyway, here's the key sequence again.

Something like "Ctrl-Enter" R command "Enter" "Alt-Enter" "Alt-Tab"

Comment

Ok, now I'm in Windows 2000, 800x600x16 colors...

Gonna try install that driver and hope that it works...

Comment

Well, if you went into the device manager and did "update/reinstall driver" on the unknown VGA device... then...

It's probably not your G400. It's probably something else in your system. Have you done the usual? Downloaded all the VIA patches (your mobo is VIA, right?), flashed the BIOS, set the aperture to 256, enabled a VGA IRQ, etc. etc.?

- GUrm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I have the same problem. after installing drvers and the restart the screen go black but is changed to the right resolution
              Please inform me if you seceed

Comment

hi,

There are a couple of suggestions in Matrox FAQ section on this board... I don't remember by heart what, but it's a setting to disable in the bIOS....

Z

Comment

Working...
                X