X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP x2 registry hack

Hello everybody,

First of all: a happy newyear!

Now my problem: I want to set my Millennium G200/ASUS P2B to AGP x2 (PCIList indicates that AGP x1 is used).

I downloaded the PD 5 registry hack file. This zipfile is full of .reg files. I am a real newbie when it comes to "registry hacking" so: how do I use this to get x2 AGP?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Matt Houben
    e-mail: matt.houben@eurocontrol.be
    ASUS P2B rev. 1.10 motherboard | 640 MB 100Mhz CAS 2-2-2 SD-RAM | P!!!-800 MHz @ 800 MHz CPU | Matrox Millennium G200 AGP 8 MB | Soundblaster Live! with digital I/O | Quantum Fireball EX 6 GB UDMA/33 HDD [C,D] | Seagate Barracuda 20 GB UDMA/66 HDD [E,F,G] | HP8100i CD-RW 24x/4x/2x [X] | 3.5" FDD [A]
    | 5.25" FDD [B] | Momenta 56K fax/voice/modem | HP4100c USB scanner | HP LJ-5L printer | OS: Win98: All HD partitions FAT32

In Win9x, open that folder that you extracted the registry hacks to. If you right click on the "forceagp2x.reg" file, and select "Merge", it will add/overwrite that entry in the windows registry. Double clicking on the file will also add it to the registry.

To manually walk through the registry and see what is there, you can use regedit. Be very careful when you use it, though.

You will have to reboot for it to force the agp to 2x.

There may be a reason that it fell back to agp 1x. You may see crashes in 3d gaming with the agp 2x forced.

Comment

Working...
    X